Sign in to follow this  
gaputz

New FS9 Scenery

On 02/10/2017 at 11:38 AM, gaputz said:

Follow this link for news from Tropicalsim on upcoming FS9 airports.  Two more to come but that is likely it. 

The two mentioned airports are now available:  

TROPICALSIM - SÃO PAULO GUARULHOS SBGR 2017 FS2004

TROPICALSIM - ARUBA TNCA 2017 FS2004

Tropicalsim has made a statement about FS9.

Greg

On 04/10/2017 at 5:48 PM, gaputz said:

Tropicalsim has made a statement about FS9.

Sad to hear these may be the last Tropicalsim products for FS9, but predictable I guess. When you consider that a few developers have already said they are stopping development of airports for FSX, Tropicalsim should be congratulated for sticking with this old platform for so long. 

However even if no more new payware sceneries ever appear for FS9, this platform in its present state of evolution, if you think about it, is essentially self-sufficient in that there is a vast amount of quality addon scenery and aircraft already available, both payware and freeware, and for that we must be grateful. Indeed anyone who wants to continue flying FS9 should have enough addons to keep them busy and happy for years!

Bill

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, scianoir said:

However even if no more new payware sceneries ever appear for FS9, this platform in its present state of evolution, if you think about it, is essentially self-sufficient in that there is a vast amount of quality addon scenery and aircraft already available, both payware and freeware, and for that we must be grateful. Indeed anyone who wants to continue flying FS9 should have enough addons to keep them busy and happy for years!

Bill

I totally agree with you here. There is plenty to go around. Look at the list in the link below. And this is only freeware addon sceneries for the USA alone. There is so much to discover. 

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004/us.html

On 13.8.2017 at 6:19 PM, neumanix said:

... Mestia scenery [...] Could use some ground polygons...

Hi, I uploaded an improved version with ground polygon to:

https://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-scenarii-44/ugms-aeroport-carici-tamari-mestiya-gruziya-dlya-fs9-61600.html

Have fun

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

ARMI PROJECT's  MUSCAT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OOMS was released yesterday for FS9.  Nice to see ARMI PROJECT continuing to support FS9.

Greg

3 hours ago, gaputz said:

ARMI PROJECT's  MUSCAT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OOMS was released yesterday for FS9.  Nice to see ARMI PROJECT continuing to support FS9.

Greg

Looks very nice indeed. And at €19something also quite reasonably priced! Thanks for the HU.

On 08/11/2017 at 11:46 AM, sascha said:

Looks very nice indeed. And at €19something also quite reasonably priced! Thanks for the HU.

You are welcome Sascha.   

I bought the scenery and can confirm that ARMI PROJECT did a reasonably nice job. For what it is worth here are some observations.

On my set up there is a drop in performance (frames per second) when viewing the entire airport at certain angles.  However, I don't think it will hinder anyone with a reasonably up to date computer.   

I found the airport file needed work, especially because some of the assigned parking is not connected to a taxiway.  The closest runway to these gates is closed (depicted with X on the runway, and closed to traffic in the airport file).  I don't know what the future of the closed runway is so perhaps the reason for the disjointed parking spots is related to this runway and the developer simply missed connecting the gates to the active.  An easy fix.  I found after installation that I didn't have much traffic for Oman - only an outdated WOAI Oman air package (2008). So I updated that and adjusted the gates to suit the recent aircraft types added to the fleet (Boeing Dreamliners). There is a military ramp (C-130s) and Royal Flight (Amiri) terminal so I added traffic for these areas but it means a bit of tweaking for the airport files.  It would appear from Google Map images that a new cargo area has been added adjacent to the new terminal.  This is depicted in the scenery but without parking spots.  Another easy tweak. 

Finally, the scenery offers quite a nice sized photo scenery area for the city of Muscat but oddly no autogen.  Not sure why.  Perhaps performance related?   I played around a bit by adding autogen to the area off the end the runway and it didn't seem to affect performance.  If you are so inclined and want to do the work you can really enhance the scenery by adding autogen yourself.  You will need to know how to use the the Flight Simulator 2004 autogen annotation tool to do this.   Aside from these observations, all minor issues, I really like the scenery and I hope we can look forward to more FS9 airports from this developer.  

Greg 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Greg for your HU about this scenery. I especially appreciate that this developer focuses on airports in the middle east. I hope he doesn't abandon  FS9 and moves on to other interesting places, for instance OLBA.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

AFLOSIM has released two Bucharest Romania airports, LROP and LRCL:  

AFLOSIM - HENRI COANDA AND CLUJ-NAPOCA AIRPORTS FS2004.  

This developer is new to me and I'm pleasantly surprised to see they have produced a FS2004 versions of these airports, which they also released for the other sim platforms.  Lets show them some love!

Greg