Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Finally figured out solution to good FS9 performance

Guest monsoon

Asus A8n32-SLI deluxeeVGA 7800 GTX KO2 GB OCZ PC4000AMD FX60 (Now THATS a processor)This system makes FS9 run silky smooth gents all at a cost of only 3K (would have been more but i already had HDD's,etc). I keep giving my head a shake that we spend these amounts on this sim!

Some of us don't :-) .

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Me eithier.........Not FS9 or 10................Life's to short.Glad your happy though.............Cheer's!

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Guest monsoon

I am happy until I look into my bank account! I was insinuating that it is ridiculous that it takes that much money to make FS9 run perfectly though.

Same thing happened with FS2002, and likely earlier versions. I personally think it's a good thing, as it shows that MS packed enough features into the game to give it such longevity. I know many take the glass half empty view that it should perform this well out of the box, but I think that if it did, we'd still be flying a FS2002-like sim now and be awaiting the new 2006 version with 2004-like features to come out ;) Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Never forget that MS did not load their program with fps killing addons - we do :) fs2k2 or fs9 were very smooth out of the box (I first installed fs9 on a 1.6ghz laptop with 1gb ram and a radeon 9600 vid card - ran very well with high details).It's really up to 3rd party devs, working woth MS cooperation, to try to make their products detract as little as possible from the default fs platform.Products like Frankfurt Main and KBOS v2 come to mind - incredible detail with excellent performance even on my mid level machine.regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lsd2.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest tomyeah

now you need to get one of these 30" dell screens ;) and fly in some awesome screen resolution. i only have the 24" (30" wasnt released yet) and go in 1920x1200 with fs9 and full visual settings, and its awesome, to look out of the window (VC) on some nice high detail mesh with photo textures and sweet activesky6 weather. add some nice hifi sound system that lets you feel the motor vibrations and it makes your day ! ;)regards, tom.

It still wont give you perfect performance in all scenarios. In fact certain plane/scenery/traffic/weather combos will bring even your sim to its knees ;)

>It still wont give you perfect performance in all scenarios.>In fact certain plane/scenery/traffic/weather combos will>bring even your sim to its knees ;)very true!Just built a new rig for gaming in general, 4800+ dual core, SLI, 850XTPE 256, 2 gigs Corsair XMS. BF2, DOOM3, Pacific Fighters all default highest settings and FS out of the box maxed, smooth with around 50-70 fps average. Add all my addons, real weather, 3rd party payware aircraft, detailed scenery, etc and it will drop to 15 in certain settings.......but fluid, LOLRegards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest monsoon

Yep you guys are right. I just added a second eVGA 7800 GTX HO to give an SLI and there are SOME moments when the fps will drop to 15-17. I wonder what is causing this. I will climb out, fps will hold at 34 (locked), make a right turn 90 degrees. At some point he fps will dorp to 15-17 then pick right back up to 34. Then when it rolls out on the selected heading I let it climb for a bit. At not time do the fps drop. Then i make another 90 degrees turn, then at some point the fps drops again to 15-17, then picks back up. I keep repeating this. Always, during that turn the fps drop down then pick right back up. What is causing that? Pagefile system or something. You wouldnt think with that much RAM. Maybe there is a fault in AS6 or something.

Tom,I did the huge mistake of taking home the 24" Dell widescreen from the office and trying it with MSFS. In 2d cockpit mode it was of course the problem with oval instruments (I also used 1920x1200x32), but VC was an incredible experience! :) Combining the 24" with TrackIR and Realair Spitfire was beyond anything I've seen so far. :) However, it was a mistake because I had of course to return it to the office and then my ordinary 19" TFT felt like some 15" crt ;)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest tomyeah

Krister,i loved the VC of the spitfire as well on wide screen. i set the zoom to 0.40 and can see quite a lot on the left and right of my cockpit. but i got this ActiveCamera 2004 to make every VC a lil more dynamic in movement as the RealView system from RealAir, its really great. i thought a lot about TrackIR lately but couldnt justify the high price to me. maybe ill catch some cheap trackIR 3 with vector on ebay one day.regards, tom.

It's the sim man, its the sim....you just prooved throwing money at it won't fix it. Not trying to be a jerk, but I think after this much time and everyone having these high powered rigs ( I have a P4 at 3.6ghz, 2gigs of ram, an X850XT PE and I still can get down into the teens with weather and AI. It's something to do with the way the software is written,especially the way it handles textures, period.hornit

>Same thing happened with FS2002, and likely earlier versions.>I personally think it's a good thing, as it shows that MS>packed enough features into the game to give it such>longevity. I know many take the glass half empty view that it>should perform this well out of the box, but I think that if>it did, we'd still be flying a FS2002-like sim now and be>awaiting the new 2006 version with 2004-like features to come>out ;) >>GaryAgreed!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3