Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

Covert to dxt1

Guest racartron

I don't think there is a utility to do this. I have looked long and hard and only came up with one version (David Maltby published it -- I think) however, it was restricted to square bmps -- 512x512 or 1024x1024 for example) and I wasn't happy with the results since I'm running FS2002, many of the resulting testures had reflectivity issues and I had to go into each bmp anyway to fix that. So I too now toil along doing one file at a time.-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

imagetool.exe will batch convert files for you. I can't remember exatly how to do it, but I know ou had to run it from the command line. However, I don't think that simply converting textures to DXT1 will improve performance. The Boston scenery is quite complex, so if you're having problems running it now I imagine that will only see a modest performance gain, if any. A better idea would be to make the textures smaller, but either way, you are likely to notice a degradation, especially in the ground textures. Any transparent textures might not right, due to the alpha masking. Just don't a dramatic improvement. - Martin

Guest Edam

>I want to convert all the textures of kbosv2 to dxt1. I have>dxtbmp but how do I convert them all at once, it takes to long>1 by 1.If you know how to create a batch file, this will do it:imagetool.exe -batch -DXT1 -nomip -alpha *.bmpren *.mip *.bmpPlace the batch file and Imagetool.exe in the folder that contains the textures, and run the batch file. Be sure to back up everything before you try it since you may not be happy with the results.See the attachment for imagetool's commands.Send me a PM if you don't know how to create a batch file.