Sign in to follow this  
karmelk

maybe a Silly question

Referring to the aforementioned Title I may add it's just to seek a confirmation to ease the mind of an elderly man.

When installing a PMDG A/C (737NGX-777-747 and DC-6) one gets the question in the popup menu in which P3D file you want to install them.

Both P3D v3 and v4 are ticked so my question is: do I only leave ticked the P3d version I am using which in my case will be P3D v4.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Dirk 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you have only P3dV4 then yes you need to tick only that one.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

follow up silly question... Why would you install a product into a sim thats not there?

Well the question is not really surprising, but it means that either both sims are installed, or that there are leftovers of the previous P3D version. If the installer find only one P3D version (in my case I have only v4 and never had v3) it don't ask this question and simply install directly. 

The question should popup only if both sims are installed so that users can install properly in either or both sims depending on what he wants to do.

Thank you all for the answer I needed confirmed.

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello Dirk,
No such thing as a silly question, only a silly answer.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

No silly questions.  The only thing that is silly is not asking !!   Harv Stein

Harv Stein  zeide49@gmail.com    Founder VATSIM

6 hours ago, karmelk said:

Thank you all for the answer I needed confirmed.

Dirk

I recommend you follow this rabbit a little further down the hole.  You should not have remnants left over in the Windows registry after removing P3Dv3.  The PMDG installer is giving you an indication that shouldn't be dismissed.  False entries in the registry can create problems that become difficult with time because we will forget about that PMDG installer thing.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes. @downscc

I suspect that this is why some of us have problems with the OC due to remnants in the registry.

I will shortly be completing removing P3D v3 from my system and will completely uninstall PMDG from both v3 and v4 at that time.

Will then do a registry clean and try and remove all traces of PMDG from the registry.

And then run the installers to confirm it just picks up v4 and reinstall.

If this solves my (and others) OC problem then it will prove the hypotheses.

Just waiting for ORBX to release their airports for v4 before I do so as it partially uses the installed v3 airports I believe and will save some download bandwidth.