Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Prepar3D Addon Organizer 1.08 released

6 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I can see from your screenshot that UT is actually put right into the scenery.cfg, which is not where it belongs any more. I am aware that major developers are in fact ignoring the current specification, I just can't understand why.

Thanks Oliver.  I agree and made a similar statement in a topic in the P3D Forum here at AVSIM.  They also say it is compatible with P3DV4 but the utility still talks about FSX functions.  Just needs to be cleaned up a little to make it look like it was developed just for P3D.  Right now there guide states the scenery files, located in the P3D Scenery folder, cannot be moved but obviously they will have to figure out how to do that.

Right now I cannot change any layering... my addon airports are all at Layer 127 as I indicated above and the layers for each cannot be manually changed as they will revert back to Layer 127 if I change them and then click Submit (or Save).  UT stuff is layered above all of that.  Still, as I stated, P3D has not looked so good (I also replaced the textures for P3D to the GEP3D World Edition textures).  All the airports look great and I see no anomalies whatsoever.  Strange but true!

This morning, in response to a member's request for a "How To" guide for using your Addon Organizer, I posted step by step images of how I did it (told him it was a basic setup) -

I probably should have gone more into the adding components but I found that simple by using your guide plus looking how FSDT did it and told him to do that.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Right now I cannot change any layering... my addon airports are all at Layer 127 as I indicated above and the layers for each cannot be manually changed as they will revert back to Layer 127 if I change them and then click Submit (or Save).  UT stuff is layered above all of that

Hi Jim,

I just tried a similar scenario by layering three XML definitions inside the scenery.cfg (=they all have the same layer numer).
I can change their sequence allright with the up/down keys. They will obviuosly all retain the same layer number, because that is how it is, but the order in which they appear in the list changes. And that translates into the sequence in which P3D reads them, equalling a "sub-layer" if you will. I suggest comparing what you see in the P4AO list with the Scenery Library in P3D - they should be the same. And in the Library you see the actual priority of the entries, independent from their layers (=which scenery element takes precendece over another one).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

15 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I suggest comparing what you see in the P4AO list with the Scenery Library in P3D - they should be the same. And in the Library you see the actual priority of the entries, independent from their layers (=which scenery element takes precendece over another one).

You are exactly right!  So, I can move all of my UT2 entries down to just above Bathymetry by using the internal Scenery Library.  I also noted all of my FSDT/FlightBeam stuff was all together and all of the addon scenery got different Scenery Priorities.  It looks like I'm in good shape afterall even though it did not look so pretty in your Organizer.  I am learning!

Thanks again for your help Oliver!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10