Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Remove/delete database

Hi-

How do you remove/delete a database that you've selected? I'm trying to place static ac and nothing appears so I'm going to try another folder and see if that works.

Mark

Hello Mark,

I am assuming that you are talking about WAMA? Why would you want to delete or remove a "database"?

WAMA scans the folder that you direct it to for aircraft.cfg and sim.cfg files. It then builds the treeview with all the models and the liveries that are contained in that folder. If you select one to be displayed, then WAMA will save only the models name to its internal database that holds the positions. The object is then displayed by sending the name and the geographical position to the simulator.

This can only work if the folder that you select the models from is visible to the simulator too - it must be part of the SimObjects paths. The simulator cannot display any objects that are not part of its configuration.

- What simulator are you using?
- Which model are you trying to display that doesn't appear? (there are some in SimObjects\Misc that cannot be displayed this way)
- Is this model visible to the simulator?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

OK-

I directed WAMA to a 3rd party AI folder outside of the sim so that explains that. How do I remove that tree and reassign it to the P3Dv4 simobjects folder?

Thanks,

Marl

10 minutes ago, newtie said:

OK-

I directed WAMA to a 3rd party AI folder outside of the sim so that explains that. How do I remove that tree and reassign it to the P3Dv4 simobjects folder?

Thanks,

Marl

Hi Mark,

Just press the "Open Explorer" button again, navigate to the SimObjects, followed by "Scan folder". You don't have to keep the tree for the models to work - once the model is in the WAMA database you can call up other folders.

btw. to integrate that external AI folder into P3D V4 you could use a simple add-on.xml. If you need help with this, just let me know.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

If you could help me with the external folder xml, that would be great!

9 minutes ago, newtie said:

If you could help me with the external folder xml, that would be great!

You could either use my free Prepar3D Addon Organizer (available for download on the Lorby website) or do it manually:

1. First get the path to the aircraft

Examples:
C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft\
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes

2. Create a folder like this one "C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic6". Use whatever name your AI product has as folder name, in this case it is MyTraffic. The name doesn't really matter.

3. Inside this folder create the config file: "C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic6\add-on.xml" which looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Note: you would have to use an advanced editor like "Notepad++" to create an actual UTF-8 encoded file. If you don't want to download and install that, you can use the standard windows notepad too, but you will have to change the first line to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thank you so much for this Oliver; I already have your Addon manager that works great. Before we move forward with that, I loaded P3D > Simobjects > Aircraft into WAMA and that went fine. Created scene "KSFO" and tried to add the (stock) Alabeo, F16 and still nothing appears. According to the docs, the object is supposed to appear 20' in front of the selected aircraft location? I don't know what the dealio is here..

P3Dv4 is the sim without the latest hotfix

Mark

Hi Mark,

very strange. Tried it myself this afternoon with V4, and everything worked normally.

The scene that you created, is it active? (you can turn them on or off)

What vehicle are you in? If it is too large, WAMA will remove the static model until you pull away. You can move your own aircraft with Ctrl&Numpad to gain some distance.

If you want, send me an email with more details about what you are doing exactly, and the local WAMA files from your "Documents" folder (without the "sqlite"  files which are too large)

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver-

The goal of all this is to assign a variety of static ai aircraft at KSFO.

Scene is active (X)

Stock F22 at gate B27 at SFO. Slew ac back at least 100 feet.

StaticObjects > select Beech Baron 58 >double-click

Nothing appears in front or anywhere near the F22.

That's all I got :mellow:

6 hours ago, newtie said:

Hi Oliver-

The goal of all this is to assign a variety of static ai aircraft at KSFO.

Scene is active (X)

Stock F22 at gate B27 at SFO. Slew ac back at least 100 feet.

StaticObjects > select Beech Baron 58 >double-click

Nothing appears in front or anywhere near the F22.

That's all I got :mellow:

I think that you are too close and the F22 is too large. The model is spawned in front of you, not at the gate

1. I am at KSFO Gate B27 in the F-22

2. Static Objects, select the "Beech Baron 58 Paint 2" by doubleclicking it

3. Baron appears in the list to the left, but not yet in the sim

4. I am using Ctrl&Numpad 2 to pull back my F22 (click in the simulator window first), and after a few dozen feet the Baron is spawned in front of me (it would also appear if I simply jump to the next gate)

5. Now I right click the Baron in WAMA (in the list to the left) and select "Shift"

6. Clicking back into the sim window, I can move and turn the Baron with Ctrl & Numpad keys, align it with the gate.

7. Right click it again and "Release"

Are you using an AI traffic limiter of some kind? Some of them are very aggressive and will remove anything that is an aircraft.

Best regards

LORBY-SI