Hi Alex,

I love what your doing with Little Navmap its a great program. The problem I'm having though is no sids or stars are showing in the procedure tab, just approaches with the "All Runways" drop down box is there. I have an active subscription to both fsAerodata and Navigraph. The fsAerodata configuration tool reports that my FSX:SE database is updated and installed. I also see the fsAerodata directory in my documents being scanned by LNM when loading the scenery library.

Ive also noticed that when LNM finishes scanning it shows 214372 waypoints, but if I close the box and open load scenery library again it shows 166380 waypoints. A few other numbers changed to, so I'm not sure whats happening there. To my understanding I should be able to see sids and stars when planning a route, so it must be something I have set up wrong or I missed something.

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

18 hours ago, Roadrunner2131 said:

Ive also noticed that when LNM finishes scanning it shows 214372 waypoints, but if I close the box and open load scenery library again it shows 166380 waypoints.

Add-on scenery sometimes comes with unwanted navaids that overlap with stock data. Therefore I remove duplicate navaids after loading. That is the reason for this discrepancy.

18 hours ago, Roadrunner2131 said:

The problem I'm having though is no sids or stars are showing in the procedure tab,

You need P3D to see the SIDs and STARs in the simulator. fsAerodata does not install them in the scenery for FSX or FSXSE because these simulators can not deal with them.

There is a trick to show them at least in Little Navmap: 

Create a copy of your scenery.cfg and change the fsAerodata paths in this copy to look like:

[Area.199]
Title=FSAD_Navaids
Local=C:\Users\.....\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids
Layer=198
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.200]
Title=FSAD_Approaches
Local=C:\Users\.....\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC
Layer=199
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.201]
Title=FSAD_Approaches1
Local=C:\Users\.....\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC_SIDs
Layer=200
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Basically you point all paths to the Prepar3D scenery data. The three sections have to be at the end of the file and also do not forget to adjust the layer numbers.

Then change the path in LNM's scenery loading dialog to use your copied scenery.cfg and reload the database. The SIDs and STARs should show up without restart.

Edit: It can happen that you see duplicate navaids like VORTACs overlapping with VORs and other artifacts but flight planning is not affected.

Alex

Edited by albar965
Note for artifacts.

Hi Alex,

Creating a copy of my scenery file with the PSD entry's did the trick, I can now see sids and stars when planning a route.

18 hours ago, albar965 said:

Add-on scenery sometimes comes with unwanted navaids that overlap with stock data. Therefore I remove duplicate navaids after loading. That is the reason for this discrepancy.

I don't use any add-on scenery except for FreeMeshX, but I assume fsAerodata would also cause this discrepancy. With the P3d files loaded I now see 185603 waypoints does that sound about right?

Thank you for the support and the great program, I look forward to see what other features you add.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

the number of waypoints is ok. I have 184175 on my test system here. This also uses the fsAerodata update but the number also depends on add-ons, simulator type and more.

Alex

Hi,

I know it's an old thread but I got a subscription from Navigraph in which there's also a file for Litllenavmap
so maybe in the mean time there's also a solution for FSX with Navdata from Navigraph?

Cheers
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

Hi,

I'm starting to doubt myself what I actually want to ask LOL
Basically, I also would like to have the SID and STAR displayed on the LittleNavMap map.
I update all FSX Navdata and insertions etc, I also installed AIRAC 1912 in LNM, PMDG and VOXATC among others.

A not related question, is it possible to somehow have the airway numbers (labels) with a background? If I select Navaids background
then I get them for the waypoints but not the airways. Actually I would prefer the other way around. Like on the charts, black background with 
white text. Now they are difficult to read/find.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

19 hours ago, seahorse said:

Basically, I also would like to have the SID and STAR displayed on the LittleNavMap map.
I update all FSX Navdata and insertions etc, I also installed AIRAC 1912 in LNM, PMDG and VOXATC among others.

Right click on an airport and select "Show procedures ....". There you have the SID and STAR.:smile:

19 hours ago, seahorse said:

A not related question, is it possible to somehow have the airway numbers (labels) with a background?

Not now but makes sense to add it to a future version. Noted for the next version.

Alex

• Like 1

7 hours ago, youreveryth1ng said:

when I initially downloaded LNM it imported from FSX and showed all SIDs and STARs, I do not recon changing any settings and now SID and STAR for some airports are missing 

FSX does not have SID and STAR. The SID and STAR came from the included Navigraph database cycle 1801.

LNM 2.8.11 selects the scenery mode automatically which is probably "Do not use Navigraph Database" now if you did not update the included navdatabase. This means you see only pure FSX airports and navdata in LNM (https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/latest/en/NAVDATA.html).

Updating the navdatabase in LNM with Navigraph does not make much sense since it would differ even more from the old data in FSX. The fsAerodata update is not available anymore and so the FSX navdata is and remains very old. Sorry, not much I can do.

I'd recommend to use the mode "Do not use Navigraph Database" to have the navdata in sync with FSX at least.

Alex