Sign in to follow this  
Guest jboweruk

737 PIC

Purchased Feelthere's 737 PIC (Full version). Flown a few hours in it now. Anyone else have it? Anyone else disappointed with it like I am? I hope they come out with an update soon. The autopilot is horrible. And I don't like not having a dedicated forum to voice my opinon & questions on. I don't think I'll be buying any more of thier products.-=MAB=-

Hey Mab, I did own it when it first came out. I ended up removing it. They do have a forum. There is also a new patch that fixes the autopilot and more. go to www.feelthere.com/2005 and click on the support link. There is a 737 forum there where you can talk directly to the developers. Hope this helps.Best regards, Jeff

Guest JIMJAM

I still cannot figure out why such a bland,basic textured cockpit eats FPS worse than the PMDG-747 and Level D.

lol....ooppss.....Thanks for the heads up.... I purchased through Wilco. Silly me, I should have known to search for Feelthere's website. Thanks!!-=MAB=-

That's exactly why I uninstalled it. I have purchased every product made by this company, and every single plane gives me poor performance, including the Caravan. I can't figure out why. The Caravan standard version should work great. There has to be something in the design of textures or coding that is different. My PMDG 737 runs circles around the Caravan which leaves me scratching my head. I thought the new 737-300 might have worked, but that too was a performance hungry plane. The only plane I ever got to work so so was the ERJ-145. I guess once I get a Dual core top of the line CPU, then it won't matter. Until then......Best regards, Jeff

Hey MAB, No problem. Victor and team will help you with any questions you have. They are good people. Even with my frustration I have had with performance, Victor always tried to help me out the best he could. They have good support for their products. Good luck with your 737.Best regards, Jeff

Guest mikealpha

Really weird users get so different result with the 737. I'm running it on a 3 years old Laptop and have around 20% more fps than e.g. LDS767, no fps jumps at all.The Autopilot works smooth, except one really nasty issue with an inaccurate and heavily overshooting LNAV. I really hope FT will fix this, because it somewhat ruins the excellent impression.For me it's one of the most enjoyable products out there.Mike

Guest IanP

This matches my experience more than the complaints of horrendous frame rate hits. The autoland I did last weekend in the -500 was by far the smoothest approach (in a 13kt crosswind element) that I have ever seen on a FS, including the LDS767, PMDG B73NGs and B744. That may well have been more by luck than judgement, though. This is FS, after all. ;-)I do have issues with the LNAV, which actually undershot turns on the Kenmore SID I set from Seattle and didn't go within a good mile of any of the waypoints until they were in a relatively straight line, instead drawing a nice neat curve inside them.Overall, though, I'm quite happy with it so far.Ian P.

Guest vas_yan

SIDS and STARS are designed by users. It can be frustrating having to cope with a procedure that has a glitch somewhere but the only option is to design the procedure yourself. PMDG and LDS users seem to have gotten used to this fact.To the poster who started this thread: Bad comments cost people money, whether justified or not. Don't be so quick to pass harsh judgements without even having made an effort to find the developper's forum (I know...Its hard :-roll).Regards,

Guest mikealpha

>I do have issues with the LNAV, which actually undershot turns>on the Kenmore SID I set from Seattle and didn't go within a>good mile of any of the waypoints until they were in a>relatively straight line, instead drawing a nice neat curve>inside them.Ian,yes, I can imagine what you mean. Have you seen this thread ?http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4970Look at the screenshots, I'm really wondering why not more users complain about it. No way to accurately fly a SID or STAR using LNAV.Maybe needs more affected users to get a reaction of Feelthere.Mike

Guest IanP

They are? This is from the default install with nothing added (although I have since installed an AIRAC update from their forum links...)The problem isn't the programming of the SID in this case - the waypoints are correct. The aircraft is "smoothing out" the curve, so it doesn't touch the waypoints. This in itself isn't a bad thing because that's what real aircraft do when faced with a tight corner - they undershoot and turn inside it, rather than overshoot and have to turn back across to intercept the outbound leg.I've not played yet, but I'll see if I can set the waypoints to "overfly", which would solve the problem. I wouldn't want to have to do that for all the SIDs on the planet though... ;-)Cheers,Ian P.

Guest IanP

Hi Vassilis,That doesn't alter the point I was trying to make, that the flight management system still alters the path to fly a neat circle inside the waypoints rather than overfly them. The waypoints are (or at least appear to be) correct. There's no problem with them, whether user or developer made.Like I said, I need to look at the SID and see whether I can specifically set it to overfly the waypoints using the FMC, or whether it is a problem I'll have to live with. From what I've seen so far, I have very few gripes at all with the package.I'll get to that FMC investigation when I can. ;-)Cheers,Ian P.

Guest vas_yan

Hello Ian,Unfortunately no overfly on this FMC. I think that pilots sometimes create waypoints of their own a couple of miles after the "overfly" waypoint to trick the plane to do what they want. OTOH, you can edit the procedure in the Database and "mark" it as overfly. Do a search at FT's forum. I think someone described how to do it.Regards,