Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

LEHC, Spain...

Huesca–Pirineos Airport, also known as Huesca Airport, is the airport serving the province of Huesca in Spain. The airport is located 9 kilometers southeast of the city of Huesca, near the villages of Monflorite-Lascasas and Alcalá del Obispo

Ortho4XP zl17/19/2   All .cfg features enabled...

"I have been flying this past week extensively over Spain. It is SUCH a beautiful, diverse, and historic country!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Jim Young
Removed dead links to images

Removed dead links to images; number of images violated AVSIM Screenshot Rules

Edited by Jim Young

Final shot...just before leaving the area...and heading towards the coast... :)

Edited by Jim Young
Removed dead links to images; number of images violated AVSIM Screenshot Rules (total 35 - only 20 allowed)

Nice Mitch, your orthos always look very sharp and crisp.

I generally use ZL16 because of disk-space, and the difference here is quite clear

3 hours ago, tonywob said:

I generally use ZL16 because of disk-space, and the difference here is quite clear

First I thought I can live with zl16 due to the same reason, disk space.  But now I just bought a WD 8TB drive, but will also do tiles only around the areas that I like.  zl17 is definitely much sharper.  The new re-release by Fokboy2 at the Org are also now 1 m (zl17) too.  He started out with zl16, with 6 km around airport in zl17, but I guess he also found zl16 not sharp enough.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Yep, I redid a lot of my US tiles around California at ZL17. I also redid NZ at ZL17.

My new rule is to do scenic areas and areas I will use a lot at ZL17, and then filler tiles as ZL16. Seems to work well for me now

2 minutes ago, tonywob said:

filler tiles as ZL16.

Me too.  The rule I use is by looking at the data from OSM, if there is no airport in in tile, then it's a good candidate for zl16.  Btw, is zl16 look good only at higher than 8000 FT?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I find ZL16 looks fine at around 3000ft AGL. But I like to fly around at lower altitudes when doing low & slow flights. ZL17 is a must I think then.

If I was flying over in a jet at 30,000ft, I'd probably even drop to ZL15

4 hours ago, tonywob said:

Nice Mitch, your orthos always look very sharp and crisp.

Hi Tony,

My 'recipe' has worked out well for me. Most satisfied with the visual output.

Cheers,

23 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

First I thought I can live with zl16 due to the same reason, disk space.  But now I just bought a WD 8TB drive, but will also do tiles only around the areas that I like.  zl17 is definitely much sharper.  The new re-release by Fokboy2 at the Org are also now 1 m (zl17) too.  He started out with zl16, with 6 km around airport in zl17, but I guess he also found zl16 not sharp enough.

I did test tiles at zl18 and full zl19.  Truly, there was not that much difference between those two prior, and visuals at zl17, as as much a visual degradation difference (huge), ---- between zl16 and zl17.

I don't ever generate above zl17, unless it is those two km's around an airport of airfield.

15 hours ago, allucche said:

Great work!! Witch Provider for Ortho4XP?

Thank you!

BI  

Hope this helps.

Yes thank you very much!

I used BI for Ireland, France, England and Italy, Austria Svizzera.

Unfortunately, the Corse and Sardinia with BI is completely green ..... So I used ARC end it's OK!.

For the Baleari Islands in Spain I used ARC ...... I wanted to make sure I use the best provider for Spain. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, allucche said:

Yes thank you very much!

I used BI for Ireland, France, England and Italy, Austria Svizzera.

Unfortunately, the Corse and Sardinia with BI is completely green ..... So I used ARC end it's OK!.

For the Baleari Islands in Spain I used ARC ...... I wanted to make sure I use the best provider for Spain. Thanks again!

You're quite welcome.  As far as X-Plane is concerned, I don't leave Ortho4XP, home without it, lol.

One of the best all-time programs ever seen for any platform, let alone just one. This for myself, has transformed the genre. I have all of North America (less South America), Central America, Most of Western Europe, including Scandinavia converted.  I just couldn't go back to generic land class ever again. That would be nails upon the chalkboard. I can't wait for Orbx to release their first True Earth series for X Plane.  Like others, a lot of us are in hot anticipation of PNW being converted to this new scenery tech.

• Like 1

Thanks for the ARC suggestion. I was using BING and getting some black scenery around LEMG. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020