I bought 2 boards from Desktop aviator, model 2120 with 20 dual pulse switches and model 2630 with 10 dp3t switches using usb.  I'm trying to add offsets using these switches for my PMDG 737, 777, 747v3.  I have fsuipc 4 and the offset list of each PMDG from their sdk folders.  Using fsuipc, I pick a switch, choose the offset I.E. offset byte togglebit, then after the x 64FA, then in the parameter I put 1 because it's 1 byte.  This is for the taxi light switch.  But nothing works.  Now if I assign a keystroke (ctl+T) in the key assignment in the FMC and then with fsuipc select the switch and use the keystroke, it works.  I know there should be away.  Any one know how to use the offsets that PMDG provided and how to get them assigned to the switches?  I'm not trying to make a whole cockpit.  I just want to add more switches so I'm not having to move allover the place and using the mouse.  I'm not a programmer.  I've learned how to do some of these offsets in fsuipc. 

John K

I was given away to use PMDGs sdk controls to assign switches using fsuipc.  The problem I'm having with my on/off switches is I can turn on, but when I flip the switch off nothing happens.  My 3 way switches work.  My on/off switches are dual pulse and if I have like taxi lights assigned to like ctrl+T, they go on/off like they should.  But is I use custom control 69749 with 1 in the parameter, it goes on when I flip the switch but not off.  I'm open to suggestions.

John K

Hi John,

I have the full set of the  SDK with all the event id's already as a full total, you dont have to keep adding on the extra numbers. I got it from the following site. WWW.Myhomecockpit.de, its run by a guy in Germany. On his site he has a full explanation on how to use the SDK with examples, and the SDK is downloadable as a PDF. I am running 4 Leo Bodnar BBI-32, and 2 BU0836X cards through FSUIPC without any problems. I have over 60 switches plus rotary switches and push buttons. I have my plain on/off switches as parameters 1 / 0.  Rotaries 0/1,1/2,2/3,3/4 etc.  Emergency lights, Off 0/1, Armed/on 2/1.

The SDK download from his site is PMDG 737 (Download PMDG_737NGX_EVENT_IDs_SP1D.PDF

Hope some of this helps.

Neil

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

That helped a lot but the 1/0 didn't work.  Or was I suppose to have a space before and after the /. I did find one of the parameters at the bottom 536870912 that worked.  So now after turning on a switch then turning it off, it goes off.  Now to start the 777, then the 747v2.  I know that he hasn't finished, but I have lots of planes to finish.  Thanks again.

John K

I see that the event id 69749 is for the taxi lights. Probably a silly question , but are you putting the event id into both control boxes?. That is "Control sent when button pushed" and "Control sent when button released" and the (0) parameter in the top box and the (1) parameter in the bottom box. Have you tried reversing the parameters as well ?.

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

I have, but my board is a dual pulse generator.  So when I flip the switch it activates for 1/4 sec then it goes off.  and if I have anything in the when released, it activates.  They do have a board which has constant on.

John K

Hi John,

Sorry nothing worked for you, I have no experience with dual pulse switches. That's why I stayed away from Desktop Aviator, and got Leo Bodnar cards instead, and used plain simple on/off switches.

Neil

Neil Ward

They do work with this parameter 536870912.  It works.

John K

John.

Have you solved your problem or not? What kind of switches are trying to add?

I have an Overhead lights panel from Flightsimpm and I managed to assign all switches and buttons. However I used different approach.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Yes I have them working.  I have desktop aviators 2120 board that's a dual pulse board, and a 2630 board, witch is for 3 way switches.  In the future I'll probally get a board that has constantly on/off.  But I have them working.  Some of my planes I.E. Carenado EP50 Phenom 100.  I can't get lots of the swiches to be assigned to my switches.  I hope some one has a list for many of the switches.  But for now I have my pmdg 737, 777, and some of my single prop planes.

John K