Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Can This Be done With P2A?

Sometimes on longer flights in PMDG aircraft when I reach a point where I save the flight. Then resume it at a later time. This works fine. If I am also using P2A with that flight can I also save P2A at the same time? Then pick up the PMDG flight and P2A and continue on with the rest of the flight. 

Using P3D V4

Thanks to all who reply.

Bill

There is not a "save flight" function in P2A.

However, you can usually stop P2A and then rejoin a flight in progress.

Do the following before shutting down the SIM or P2A

1) be sure the flight plan is saved using the SAVE button so it can be reloaded with all the details when restarting

2) Be sure you are on the en-route portion of the flight, preferably at cruise altitude talking to a Center controller

When restarting do the following

1) Load the saved flight plan

2) Get the SIM to the point you saved it

3) Connect to the SIM with P2A and make sure that "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option is checked

4) File the Flight Plan

5) If not on a center frequency, dial in a nearby Approach or Departure Frequency and request a frequency change to Center

6) Once on a Center frequency, just make your initial call "<CallSign> at FL xxx"

Things should proceed normally from this point on.

Dave