Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

CTD upon touchdown

I experienced this problem once before, then had several successful flights without a problem, but

I just had a CTD on touchdown on a flight from KSFO to KSAN.  

Last two entries before the CTD in the log.txt:

2017/07/27 20:48:29 [PMDG 2] I was unable to initialize audio from file d:\p3dv4\Sound\PMDG\DC6\AFE/BeforeLanding/fe_2400_rpm_set, CockpitSounds::VolumePref::Voice.wav[37m
2017/07/27 20:48:50 [PMDG 2] I was unable to initialize audio from file d:\p3dv4\Sound\PMDG\DC6\AFE/BeforeLanding/fe_carb_heat_cold.wav[37m

Will file a support ticket.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I tried a few things - and managed a successful flight from one of my "problem" locations.

Normally, I have a scenario saved (with a flight plan loaded) and with the DC-6 pre-set to "Cold and Dark". I always start a PMDG flight without pre-loading any other (non-PMDG) aircraft.

This time, I did this:

1) Started a fresh P3Dv4 and loaded the DC-6 *with engines running*  at the desired start location.

2) Set "Cold and Dark".

3) Did a complete manual start from cold, calling the FE as required (but I always do that anyway).

4) Taxied out and completed the flight successfully.

So ... my gut feeling is that loading a "Cold and Dark" pre-saved scenario (or *any* saved scenario for that matter) may be the problem - and that *something* isn't being initialised or reset properly.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Maybe Adam, but I never use pre-saved scenarios, I always start as you described and had the CTD as well. Interestingly, all log files published here (including mine) end with audio problems. Maybe that is a track....

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

6 hours ago, teopereira said:

I have been experiencing this problem too...

Do us all a favor and file a ticket at PMDG, thanks!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I had a CTD on my first two attemps of taxi the aircraft (happens after around 100 meters of taxi).

After that i could do about 4 complete flights without any problem.

On landing, i do not hear any wheelscratch or touch down bumps sounds (don't know if they where there initially)

Kind regards,

Ben

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bentree_ said:

On landing, i do not hear any wheelscratch or touch down bumps sounds (don't know if they where there initially)

I don't hear them either ... does *anyone*. Maybe PMDG didn't put them in, as [maybe] they wouldn't be heard in the cockpit?

As far as the scenarios thing goes ... my theory just went up the spout. I tried one of my saved scenarios and the damn' thing wouldn't CTD :blink::biggrin:

Adam.

I also had this CTD on landing with the DC6 on 2 or 3 flights. I would like to know if people who are having this CTD are also using FTX Vector ? Because last night I uninstalled Vector and made a complete flight until parking at destination without the CTD. I have noticed that the CTD began to occur since the moment I installed Vector. I would like to be sure if FTX Vector was responsible for the CTD on landing. In the event log of WIN10 I saw an error about API.DLL.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

vpa055.png

Hi,

I had the CTD also on flights without having Vector installed. Unfortunately, I never had any entries in the Windows event log files.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

1 hour ago, stefltt said:

I also had this CTD on landing with the DC6 on 2 or 3 flights. I would like to know if people who are having this CTD are also using FTX Vector ? Because last night I uninstalled Vector and made a complete flight until parking at destination without the CTD. I have noticed that the CTD began to occur since the moment I installed Vector. I would like to be sure if FTX Vector was responsible for the CTD on landing. In the event log of WIN10 I saw an error about API.DLL.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Nope I have Vector and no issues here

I have Vector and get the CTDs ... sometimes ... I just can't find a pattern.

Adam.

EDIT: Was going fine - then another CTD. I have another theory (!!):

I use Saitek rudder pedals and have them set up fairly traditionally. However - for the DC-6, I've also mapped the "twist" rudder on my X-52 stick for tiller control. The last CTD happened as I taxied (using the tiller only) until I used the rudders on the runway - CTD. Maybe the two axes are conflicting somehow?

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I've also mapped the "twist" rudder on my X-52 stick for tiller control.

FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

I have Vector installed, but i don't think that is the problem, since no other a/c gives this problem.

I have the DC6 installed last week in P3Dv4 and i just installed it today in P3Dv3.4.

In P3Dv4 i had two CTD's on the first two flights directly after i commenced taxi, after that did several flights and the problem did not show up anymore.

First flight after installing the DC6 in P3Dv3.4 today CTD on taxi, second flight.... no problem anymore.

Kind regards,

Ben

14 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

FSUIPC?

Nope: just standard P3D controls/axis mapping. I don't have a profile set up in FSUIPC for the DC-6 (no need) - though I did use them for the MJC Dash-8 and AS 320 (still waiting for v4 versions).

So ... I don't think FSUIPC is interefering in any way <?>.

Adam.

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Nope: just standard P3D controls/axis mapping. I don't have a profile set up in FSUIPC for the DC-6 (no need) - though I did use them for the MJC Dash-8 and AS 320 (still waiting for v4 versions).

So ... I don't think FSUIPC is interefering in any way <?>.

Adam.

How are you mapping a tiller axis, then?

Kyle Rodgers