Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

CTD upon touchdown

Departed and took off without any issues from a non-SODE equipped airport scenery, currently enroute to another non-SODE airport, will report back.

I am not an expert but it's suspicious that I only crashed at SODE airports and never crashed where no SODE is running.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I get the crash from NON SODE default airports too.
I'm giving up.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

1 hour ago, Meekg said:

I get the crash from NON SODE default airports too.
I'm giving up.

I have successfully completed the flight between two non SODE airports, no crash. I will continue testing tomorrow.

What crash did you get? Landing one? Or taxi?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I think we can rule out SODE. I had numerous crashes and have yet to install SODE-related scenery (I had one in P3Dv3, but not in v4).

Adam.

• Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I think we can rule out SODE. I had numerous crashes and have yet to install SODE-related scenery (I had one in P3Dv3, but not in v4).

Adam.

Fair enough. In this case it seems totally random.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

14 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

Fair enough. In this case it seems totally random.

I'm not sure it's entirely random. My current theory (!) is that maybe it's related to some elevation value - which then triggers a non-initialised sound file (or something), possibly tyre/skid or wheel brake/squeal related.

I think I got the CTDs when the aircraft got a slightly different elevation when taxiing. I've never had them on touchdown.

The really odd thing is that the CTDs appear to have gone away for me (for no reason I can gather) - which must make it really hard for the devs to reproduce.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I get the crash 99% of the time right after touchdown.... let's say 1 second after nosewheel touches the ground.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. no luck.

I only had it once during taxi out, but then again, I rarely perform long taxi during this test flights.

Has any of you open a support ticket?

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Yes, I opened a support ticket. I got crashes while taxiing out as well as right after touchdown. I have one SODE airport installed but it is way to small to land there. As stated before, after aborting the AFE after each of his tasks I had no more CTD. 

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

1 hour ago, Viking01 said:

As stated before, after aborting the AFE after each of his tasks I had no more CTD. 

Thanks Gunter,

I tried ABORT after before landing flow only, I will try to abort after each phase.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

5 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Yes, I opened a support ticket. I got crashes while taxiing out as well as right after touchdown. I have one SODE airport installed but it is way to small to land there. As stated before, after aborting the AFE after each of his tasks I had no more CTD. 

Did not help for me at all unfortunately.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

On the other hand, did two more flights since then between default airports (Yellowknife to Hay River and back) without a single issue. My crashes are restricted to airports where SODE is in operation, at least at this point this is what I can see. I will continue my observations and report back. Might uninstall and reinstall SODE completely.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Any news regarding this issue? I also have this problem of unpredicted CTDs (in flight and also during taxiing) and no hint what to change to get rid of this problem.

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

My problem got worse. Until yesterday I could avoid the CTD by not using the AFE. But since yesterday I get a CTD whenever I taxi more than a few feet.

Completely out of ideas!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

34 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

My problem got worse. Until yesterday I could avoid the CTD by not using the AFE. But since yesterday I get a CTD whenever I taxi more than a few feet.

Completely out of ideas!

36 minutes ago, CFG212 Michael said:

Any news regarding this issue? I also have this problem of unpredicted CTDs (in flight and also during taxiing) and no hint what to change to get rid of this problem.

Using SODE? Try disabling SODE and see if it helps? I'm out of ideas on this as well.

We discussed the SODE topic already. No, no SODE, no FSUIPC, no special addons....

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider