Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

CTD upon touchdown

Don't know if it helps, but I just found this crash report about yesterdays crash. Don't know why I didn't find it yesterday...

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.0.28.21686, Zeitstempel: 0x594a7255
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ucrtbase.DLL, Version: 10.0.10586.788, Zeitstempel: 0x5879ab76
Ausnahmecode: 0x40000015
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000006990f
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1af0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d30f88e3de1fb1
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: K:\P3DV4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\ucrtbase.DLL
Berichtskennung: a4c3085d-7b8b-11e7-848a-60a44caf3d72

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Once again I revisited my all-time CTD scenario and as always I got what I asked for.

Drzewiecki Design's new La Guardia airport, stand  H10. GSX pushback, AFE fully utilized, taxi on Y towards RWY 04, crashed approaching the runway on twy Y. No error message, just a momentary freeze followed by the program quitting.

What I find interesting is that I always, consistently use the exact same procedures for departure. AFE, GSX, same aircraft equipment and setup, same settings, same ramp manager items yet I do not crash to desktop at all airports.

So far, only La Guardia, Minneapolis, Denver and Washington Dulles (the first being a product of Drzewiecki Design and the latter three ar Flightbeam products). Therefore I believe it could be something specific to these, perhaps one of more of their components interfering with the DC-6 in some ways. 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

First time ever for me, a crash at a non-SODE airport. It is FSDT's Vancouver this time. Again, pushed back - using the P3D default built-in push back command, and then started taxiing. Less than 30 seconds later, the usual momentary freeze. This  time a series of logs were created and below I pasted them from Event Viewer.

Fault bucket 116406391859, type 5
Event Name: BEX
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Couatl.exe
P2: 3.2.0.3829
P3: 5947e62c
P4: ucrtbase.dll
P5: 10.0.15063.447
P6: a96ab320
P7: 000a53fb
P8: c0000409
P9: 00000007
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER20A4.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2103.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2104.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2115.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Couatl.exe_7e9bc43b70eacfbd5859c5d30f88d2f8795b5e_7531c184_08492930

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 22de03a2-ac49-407c-a9ec-4d947f4944d9
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 40d95bdb4bfc107493b15dbc6ecee8ff

The program Prepar3D.exe version 4.0.28.21686 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 1d4
 Start Time: 01d3104ef7ac0eb0
 Termination Time: 64
 Application Path: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
 Report Id: f1e29184-78d8-4797-9b9b-dbd7f7902f4c
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Faulting application name: Couatl.exe, version: 3.2.0.3829, time stamp: 0x5947e62c
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0xa96ab320
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000a53fb
Faulting process id: 0x2ce4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3104fdf807e55
Faulting application path: E:\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 22de03a2-ac49-407c-a9ec-4d947f4944d9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 4.0.28.21686
P3: 594a7255
P4: 0000
P5: 134217984
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE560.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE560.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE571.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\kityatyi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1182.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_Prepar3D.exe_4025e111e034876a5e22fffa87f52b6d1447861_305ee810_22651ecf

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f1e29184-78d8-4797-9b9b-dbd7f7902f4c
Report Status: 97
Hashed bucket: 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

18 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

Faulting application path: E:\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

In this case, FSDTs COUATL engine caused the crash

1 minute ago, PMDG777 said:

In this case, FSDTs COUATL engine caused the crash

In this case it appears so. And also, most of my crashes occurred at airports that have something to do with Couatl. But not all. Drzewiecki's KLGA has nothing to do with Couatl yet I crash to desktop 100% of the time. Also, I have not experienced any issues at FSDT's other airports.

However, the nature of this latest crash is excatly the same as my other crashes and if this one was caused by Couatl then it is possible that all of my crashes are because of Couatl. I am gonna completely disable Couatl and test Drzewiecki's KLGA once again and see if I crash or not. Unfortunately there is no way I can test FDST airports with Couatl disabled - that would disable the airport itself. 

Nevertheless if I don't get a crash at KLGA with Couatl disabled then it's worth looking deeper into. Will report back.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

22 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

In this case it appears so. And also, most of my crashes occurred at airports that have something to do with Couatl. But not all. Drzewiecki's KLGA has nothing to do with Couatl yet I crash to desktop 100% of the time. Also, I have not experienced any issues at FSDT's other airports.

However, the nature of this latest crash is excatly the same as my other crashes and if this one was caused by Couatl then it is possible that all of my crashes are because of Couatl. I am gonna completely disable Couatl and test Drzewiecki's KLGA once again and see if I crash or not. Unfortunately there is no way I can test FDST airports with Couatl disabled - that would disable the airport itself. 

Nevertheless if I don't get a crash at KLGA with Couatl disabled then it's worth looking deeper into. Will report back.

Maybe once you've done that, also ensure that couatl is up to date by running FSDTs live updater.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PMDG777 said:

Maybe once you've done that, also ensure that couatl is up to date by running FSDTs live updater.

It is certainly fully up to date. However for my tests I now disabled Live Update.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I too have been experiencing CTDs but never on touchdown, always when taxiing.  I have also narrowed it down to the following conditions

Always at night, always in the DC-6, and always when I begin to throttle back.  So for instance I keep my RPM at 1500 while taxiing, but now I'm coming up to a turn, so I reduce throttle to reduce speed.  As soon as I begin to pull back I get a freeze for a few seconds and then I get dumped to my desktop with no message at all.  My dc-6 log has no mention of any errors, and Event viewer is empty following my latest crash.  Also, once the CTD happens, I can load p3d right back up and go through the same exact scenario and every time it works fine.

P3DV4

i7 7700K

16GB RAM

GTX1060

Windows 10.

Joseph Catino

4 hours ago, deimos256 said:

I too have been experiencing CTDs but never on touchdown, always when taxiing.  I have also narrowed it down to the following conditions

Always at night, always in the DC-6, and always when I begin to throttle back.  So for instance I keep my RPM at 1500 while taxiing, but now I'm coming up to a turn, so I reduce throttle to reduce speed.  As soon as I begin to pull back I get a freeze for a few seconds and then I get dumped to my desktop with no message at all.  My dc-6 log has no mention of any errors, and Event viewer is empty following my latest crash.  Also, once the CTD happens, I can load p3d right back up and go through the same exact scenario and every time it works fine.

P3DV4

i7 7700K

16GB RAM

GTX1060

Windows 10.

Do you have GSX or any FSDT products installed? With the exception of one crash upon touchdown, the other dozens occurred after started to taxi. However, it's totally random, day or night. Can happen at anytime. Also if you click on the screen when the few second freeze happens, you will trigger an error message which will also leave a log in Event Viewer.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Question for all: what hardware (throttles/joystick/yoke/rudder) are you using?

22 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Saitek yoke, 2 Satiek throttle quads, Saitek rudder pedals.

Jack Sawyer

Saitek yoke, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X throttle, Thrustmaster T-flight pedals. 

I have not had a single crash since I disabled FSDT's Live Update and GSX. Approximately 10 flights in a row with no issues. Promising but can be pure luck too.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

3 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Similar to Jack - Saitek X-52 Pro throttle & stick, Saitek rudder pedals.

At least one of my CTDs for certain was when I happened to touch the pedals during taxiing - having used only the twist grip to steer (set up as a tiller) up to that point. It's possible that the operation could have [also] triggered a sound event (like tyre or brake squeal) but I wasn't aware of hearing anything in that split-second before the CTD.

I have to say that (IMHO) Saitek drivers are some of the most appalling pieces of software I've ever encountered - so I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's some incompatibility issue there.

You could do the flight sim world a huge favour by employing your undeniably brilliant coding skills in writing some decent drivers and giving them to Saitek, LOL! A piece of cake, I'd have thought, considering what you've achieved in with the NGX!

Adam.

• Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Don't believe HW has to do anything with it. I am using CH pedals, throttle quadrant and yoke. Up to now I had only one CTD during taxi

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I have to say that (IMHO) Saitek drivers are some of the most appalling pieces of software I've ever encountered - so I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's some incompatibility issue there.

You could do the flight sim world a huge favour by employing your undeniably brilliant coding skills in writing some decent drivers and giving them to Saitek, LOL! A piece of cake, I'd have thought, considering what you've achieved in with the NGX!

Adam.

+10000000000000000000000000000 squared!

Jack Sawyer