Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

CTD upon touchdown

I've just sent the first test build to the folks who kindly responded to my request for testers. If you'd like "in" on the process, I'm glad to hear from you - just email me directly at cbpowell@precisionmanuals.com.

I've asked all the testers to kindly keep the discussion going here on Avsim instead of email, to keep the efforts transparent and informative to all.

Regards,
Chris

• Upvote 1

Chris Powell

Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

Thanks for the DLLs, Chris.

Sadly, I got a CTD whilst taxiing - as I entered the runway from the taxiway.

I've created a "specs" document that contains system info, P3D info, hardware etc - as well as procedures (using AFE etc.).

What sort of info would you prefer to have? If we can get a standardised subset of settings that we all use for our reports it may help.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I also recieved Chris's .dll's.

Unfortunately a CTD right away after starting taxi to EHAM RWY 22 using AFE and about 15 seconds on my way (100-200 meters).

In the DC6 until now i made about 15 short round flights (about 25 minutes) and one longer flight (about 1,2 hour) since i have the DC6 on my system, usually i get the CTD's while taxi (had them about 5 times now), never had any on Touch Down (once i had a CTD during flight though). Windows never give any message or warning.....P3Dv4 just drops to the desktop.

Win7, P3Dv4 (wich is extreemly stable), addon scenery's about 40 (only P3Dv4 versions), about 8 addon aircraft (only P3Dv4 versions except the Real Air Duke and Lancair), F1 GTN, Go-Flight, CPFlight B747 MCP (not active though), EZDoc, ASP3Dv4, FS2Crew for B737 - B777 - and betatesting FS2Crew for the B744 but clearly enough not active in the DC6.

Kind regards,

Ben

I am copying this from a thread I opened last night on my -01 test

>>>I went to the three airports (SLSB, SLTJ and SLSU) where I am "guaranteed" to have a CTD. Each time, I turned off the simulator and restarted for each trial.

In the first one, SLSB, there was no CTD while taxiing to the runway through the usual, dreaded, taxi route.

In the oither two, there was a CTD taxiing out. The difference however, is that this time, there was no Windows warning panel (i.e. The program has stopped working .... Do you want Windows to search for a solution ... etc. etc.)

In both cases, P3Dv4 simply dropped ("disappeared")  from the monitor and the normal desktop icons appeared.<<<

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

+1 to the club as described below. Initially I though this was a VR problem, but then I read this thread and also performed some tests and got CTD`s taxiing/landing in 2D.

Currently I am repeating a flight that got CTDed right after touchdown. Will try to disable the AFE before landing.

Edit: Got a crash at the same spot, while braking around 5 seconds after touchdown. This was with the AFE disabled. PMDG log has no useful information, appcrashviewer always show failing module as KERNELBASE.DLL

Really frustrating to have to send this airplane to the Hangar right after purchasing it. My P3DV4 install was flawless before installing this. 

Addons used: Chaseplane, ORBX AU (no Vector), PTA, Activesky + ASCA, ENVTEX, F1 GTN 650.

Controllers: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and Thrustmaster pedals. 

Thiago Braun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I've just sent out a second test build to the kind volunteers. (My sincere thanks for your help in this regard.)

• Test 01 ensured we were building with the current 21686 P3D SDK. No difference.
  • Test 02 disables the custom ground model (friction and momentum).

I'm eager to hear back.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Powell

Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

Report of test 02

Three tries in offending airports, with NO CTD's from taxi all the way to liftoff.

NO CTD when landing on the one airport where I had one CTD upon touchdown.

Crossing fingers for similar reports from others.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Only one flight so far. No CTD in the usual places. Will do some more tomorrow!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Report with Test 2 .dll's

Short flight around EHAM (CTD place in other DC6 flights): Startup, taxi, take off, round-flight of 20 minutes, landing and taxi in.

No CTD.

That's no reason to party yet, because sometimes i could do flights without CTD.

But i hope for the best, i will do more flights tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Ben

And yes. I also have good experiences here. My main problem was getting her to the runway.  Tried 5 times now at 5 different airports and no CTD !

Tomorrow will start flying her again !

b rdgs / Dick

=

One more full flight tonight.

Glad to report that all went well, without CTD's

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

flight with test 2 DLL's

KARR to KMIC 2:27 hours successful flight no ctd's

ran like a charm

hope to get 1 in later tonight or tomorow

Rick

Can't believe it.  My first whole flight without CTD either taxiing or touch down.  Now had three flights without problems.

W10, P3D V4, test 2.

Will try test 3 tomorrow.

Bruce Ross

NZDN

Bruce Ross

Test 3 decel only taxied out took off flew around the flag pole a couple times landed no problems

Crashed on exit

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: api.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7300
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000155d1
Faulting process id: 0x10fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d31a70caa85cdf
Faulting application path: F:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: F:\P3Dv4\api.dll
Report Id: 90206d2d-866b-11e7-aadc-cc52af49c270

Will do the break free next

Rick

Three tries with each Test 03, BRAKES_ONLY and DECELERATION_ONLY, with no CTD's in either.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada