Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

CTD upon touchdown

55 minutes ago, cbpowell said:

You're welcome. We want you to enjoy the plane as much as we enjoy it. There is a lot of soul in this aircraft, we think, that modern liners lack.

The fuel loading issue is known and being pursued. We found that it only seems to kick in when the engines aren't running, and I still think the evidence points to an underlying glitch in the simulator itself:

That said, sim glitch or no sim glitch, we're exploring workarounds to make the fuel loading behave properly.

Regards,
Chris

I haven't flown this bird for two weeks now. I understand that the CTD issue has now been solved. I downloaded the update through the OC, I am wondering, what was the "price" of fixing the CTD. How is the enhanced ground physics affected, did you have to "revert" back to default ground friction or you managed to keep the enhanced one?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

5 hours ago, cbpowell said:

You're welcome. We want you to enjoy the plane as much as we enjoy it. There is a lot of soul in this aircraft, we think, that modern liners lack.

No more need of a pushback, it was just a my thought about moving the plane faster and without any help, but I'm not the first one.

In the sim the "reverse taxiing" works well, but not when one ore more wheels are on the grass, I don't know if before the last patch it was behaving different.

Claudio Rampini

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

15 hours ago, cbpowell said:

The fuel loading issue is known and being pursued. We found that it only seems to kick in when the engines aren't running, and I still think the evidence points to an underlying glitch in the simulator itself:

Regards,
Chris

The CTD' are solved allright, but i still think that you guy's are underestimating the fuel issue a bit. And i feel sorry that it is not further tested and spoken in this tread or another one set up for this purpose.

The fuel issue is also present when the engines are running, unless Chris's statement.

I discovered when i use the PMDG fuel loader nothing happens to the weight of the aircraft, but when i set the fuel in the PMDG fuel loader and immediately after that go to the P3Dv4 fuel settings (where i can see that the amount of fuel changed indeed) and click o.k. then the fuel weight is loaded (not before this step). I speak about the fuel weight, not the amount of fuel.

Kind regards,

Ben

15 hours ago, kityatyi said:

I haven't flown this bird for two weeks now. I understand that the CTD issue has now been solved. I downloaded the update through the OC, I am wondering, what was the "price" of fixing the CTD. How is the enhanced ground physics affected, did you have to "revert" back to default ground friction or you managed to keep the enhanced one?

There is a drawback imho, there is still not any change in ground roll distance in Take-Off and climb performance when i use full fuel load or 25% of fuel load. At least we got rid of the CTD's (and i am happy about that) but there are still things to work on.

Kind regards,

Ben

We have confirmed that when engines are off, the sim does not update the fuel from the load manager. When engines are running it is working properly.

in the meantime, for the case"engines off" just click into the cargo field and the sim will update weights and distributions.

If the weight is changed by 15000 lbs the performance is clearly different. On speed you see about 5% less from that weight delta. 

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

So if I understand this correctly, we need to set our weights and fuel load with the engines running else it won't update the weights?

Joseph Catino

On 1-9-2017 at 11:54 AM, metzgergva said:

We have confirmed that when engines are off, the sim does not update the fuel from the load manager. When engines are running it is working properly.

in the meantime, for the case"engines off" just click into the cargo field and the sim will update weights and distributions.

If the weight is changed by 15000 lbs the performance is clearly different. On speed you see about 5% less from that weight delta. 

Dear Alexander,

My apologies, i did not pay the right attention on that.

I tested this now and you are right, with the engines running the fuel weight is updated. About the ground rol increase with full fuel load......i would have expect more then 5% increase.

But i have never flown the DC6 in RL.

Kind regards,

Ben

I was not talking about ground roll. My statement was on the speed loss if you are 15000 lbs heavier in cruise.. So a 4x fuel is limited on performance impact. You can see this in the charts provided in the POH.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Seems like with the latest update version 1.20.8430 the CTD upon touchdown should be fixed, but i still have the CTD while touching down the aircraft!

the CTD seems to be related with ready for taxi state (90% of the time).

I don't use the AFE, FSUIPC is V5.103.
No GSX nor other FSDreamTeam addons

Win 10 64x, i7 7700K OC, Asus GTX1060 OC, P3DV4 installed on main SSD

Soheil Shahidi

On 9/6/2017 at 10:20 AM, Bentree_ said:

So what about the increase - decrease in ground roll after a major fuel change then?

Regards,

Ben

Fuel or payload, does not matter. Both have an impact on roll too, at least I observe this.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger