Sign in to follow this  
ecc

Pilot2atc controller not responding

I have just purchased pilot2atc recently, and when I attempted to do a flight, I could not get a response from the clearance delivery controller. I am using the say it function and I can hear the pilot request clearance, but there is no response. I have the same automated voice set for both the controller and pilot and I have my flight plane validated and filed. I'm sure its an issue with my configuration o.f the program and it's not a bug but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Each controller has a volume setting on the Voices page.  Be sure the Clearance Delivery voice is set to 100% or as desired.

I assume the problem is that you are not hearing the clearance, which implies it is being displayed in the Speech text window.  If that is not the case, then the above won't help.

Dave

I have the sound at 100% and the response is not being displayed in the speech text window.

Let me know what airport you are at, what frequency you have tuned in and which SayIt Phrase you are trying.  I assume you've tried the "Ready to Copy" phrase and that works for any clearance.

Thanks,

Dave

I'm in the flightfactor 757 at dfw on 128.25 and using the phrase: "(call sign) ready to copy ifr clearance. 

I just tried it and had a similar experience....but after waiting some 20 seconds or so and letting ATIS start giving the weather, I was able to switch to 128.25 and contact Clearance Delivery.

When you initially connect P2A, it loads ATIS in as the active controller and Clr Del as the Standby controller.  By loading ATIS as active, it requires a download of the Weather from the internet which can take 15-20 seconds or so.  During that time the radio is inop.  If you switch to ClrDel right away, which I did, the radio is still inop because the program is busy doing the download and weather prep. 

So, try letting ATIS start talking before swapping frequencies.  And if necessary, you may need to swap frequencies more than once until everything gets synch'd up.

Dave

I still cannot get clearance delivery to respond, and now there are no phrases for me to use with say it. When I press the connect button the only message I get is sim connected, but in videos I saw there were more messages. Is this a connectivity issue with the sim? 

If you only get Sim Connected in the speech text window, then you are not fully connected, and most everything will not work.

The most common cause for getting only the first message is that the English-US speech engine is not installed or there is something wrong with your call sign.  Assuming your language is installed, try using the default call sign of Beech N431VB.  Then let me know what you have entered for your Mfg/Airline and your TailNumber/FlightNumber.

Dave

I have the speech engine installed, and my call sign is Brickyard 4755.

Here are some other things to try to get fully connected.

• Run the program as administrator: Right-click the program icon or file name and select Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu
  • Check that the Airline checkbox is checked in the Call Sign setting and save the new setting
  • Check that your microphone is installed properly and is designated as the default sound input device in Windows.  This can be changed by Windows when it does updates, so may be the source of a problem when all was working before.

You should get three lines in the Speech Text box when fully connected and the Connect button will turn Green.

If this doesn't do the trick, send me a screenshot of Pilot2ATC after you press the Connect button, along with the Log file located at

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

Thanks,

Dave

I was having the same issue, in fact just signed up for these forums looking for an answer.  A clue for me though was that I was using radio chatter, and that also was not playing.  I was using the JAR A320.  When I switched to another aircraft everything was fine.  But the A320 would get no response.  I noticed that the power button in the lower left was green for other aircraft, but red for the A320.  I went into the config section, and checked the boxes to ignore the battery and avionics.  Once I did that, everything was working as it should.  

So another strange thing just happened.  Today I downloaded a flightplan from Simbrief, and loaded it into Pilot2ATC.  When I tried to export it as text to get to my JAR a320, I kept getting an error.  So I created an text version from Simbrief, loaded it into the a320, got everything matching between it and Pilot2ATC, and started the flight.  Power light was green, I could hear the background chatter, but could not get a response from clearance.  I tried restarting, but still they would not answer.  Strange thing was, all of the other controllers acted normally.  Ground was fine.  Tower gave me a squawk code before takeoff, and from there on out the controllers were OK.  

By the way, I love the program.  It's a permanent part of my x-plane setup!