Sign in to follow this  
VOJu24

Water Alcohol Flow Lights and some other questions

Hey everyone!

I'm enjoying learning about this aircraft. However using the water alcohol injection system didn't work as I expected it despite multiple attempts. Maybe I'm missing something simple.

I tried to do a wet takeoff (PoH pg 179 chapter 13.6.2). However, even when the water pressure indicates it's working, the green water flow lights do not come on ever. I followed the instructions for takeoff with the W/A injection on. The PoH says for the wet takeoff "If the green lights do not come on, do not increase power above the “dry” take-off horsepower rating." So, am I missing something, or did anyone else get those flow lights to light up? I tried it from sea level so altitude should not be an issue. I feel like the additional power exists, but just no lights, as if the bulbs were burned out.

2 Other small questions: The Nav warn flag (PoH pg 113) does not disappear for me even if I have VOR tuned and can follow the needle, did anybody else notice this? The glideslope flag works fine. 2. The Cabin Pressure Warning Horn (PoH pg 107) seems not to be modeled? Because I went into hypoxia a couple of times and no horn sounded :P

Thanks for your help :)

Best,

David Miller

ps. Using  FSX with accel under win 10 64-bit.

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

The lights have been already fixed for the next update. The water injection does work only the indicator lights doesn't. 

The cabin pressure I have seen mentioned again, will check with the devs to see if it was omitted or not simulated.

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

6 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

The lights have been already fixed for the next update. The water injection does work only the indicator lights doesn't. 

Thank you for the info! I had the impression it worked but without the lights its less fun ;) Looking forward to the update and then I'll try it again!

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

Hi guys,

Both the green 'water pressure safe' lights as well as the GPS LOC flag are fixed already and will be included in the next update.

Regarding the Cabin Pressure Warning Horn - we are aware of this and will be including it in a future update.

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg