Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

printed manuals?

Hi,

I've been a customer for the 737 and 777 printed manuals.  Will this latest incarnation of the queen also receive the same treatment?

Thanks.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

1 minute ago, ahuimanu said:

Hi,

I've been a customer for the 737 and 777 printed manuals.  Will this latest incarnation of the queen also receive the same treatment?

Thanks.

As far as I'm aware PMDG no longer offer printed manuals.

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

Just now, et31 said:

As far as I'm aware PMDG no longer offer printed manuals.

Greg

Thanks Greg, that's a bummer.  I really enjoy studying from them.  I know they replicate the PDF, but still...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

17 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

Thanks Greg, that's a bummer.  I really enjoy studying from them.  I know they replicate the PDF, but still...

I know I always had the intention of ordering the NGX ones and never got round to it before they were stopped.

You may be able to visit a local printer and get a quote for them to be printed professionaly and bound :biggrin:

Another option is to download the manuals onto an iPad etc for quick reference when flying.

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

2 hours ago, et31 said:

I know I always had the intention of ordering the NGX ones and never got round to it before they were stopped.

You may be able to visit a local printer and get a quote for them to be printed professionaly and bound :biggrin:

Another option is to download the manuals onto an iPad etc for quick reference when flying.

Greg

FYI, the latest manuals are locked and cannot be printed. I think it's due to licensing with Boeing (and possibly why they stopped selling them).

3 hours ago, et31 said:

You may be able to visit a local printer and get a quote for them to be printed professionaly and bound 

Hopefully not, those are copywrite protected and the license that PMDG has with Boeing does not extend to printing copies.  Be careful with your advice.  Using an iPad or such device is a good recommendation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh, you can easily print them. If it can be rendered on the screen, it can be rendered on paper.

Edited by icemarkom
Removed the hint on how. It's not mine to teach people to do that.

11 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

Oh, you can easily print them. If it can be rendered on the screen, it can be rendered on paper.

Regardless of whether you are able to or not, the PDFs are locked for printing for a reason. Any decent print shop will stay clear of a locked PDF because they don't know the legal implications behind printing such a document (and it could fall back on them for printing something that wasn't allowed to be printed).

Basically, don't print them, you're not allowed to.

Having actually read EULA, as well as all copyright notices on the documents themselves, I beg to differ. Printing for personal use is well covered by fair use.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

Having actually read EULA, as well as all copyright notices on the documents themselves, I beg to differ. Printing for personal use is well covered by fair use.

I'm really not going to argue over this because it's obvious. The documents are locked for a reason. Choosing to circumvent any locked PDFs is at your own risk. End of discussion.

Locked? I did not notice they were locked. I clicked on a print button, and the printer spewed out the pages I needed.

P.S. I'm married to a lawyer :-)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, downscc said:

Hopefully not, those are copywrite protected and the license that PMDG has with Boeing does not extend to printing copies.  Be careful with your advice.  Using an iPad or such device is a good recommendation.

Sorry for any confusion - will stick to the iPad method and keep myself right :biggrin:

Greg Marshall

13 hours ago, icemarkom said:

Locked? I did not notice they were locked. I clicked on a print button, and the printer spewed out the pages I needed.

P.S. I'm married to a lawyer :-)

can you afford or will you hire her that is a good question ....

Are we seriously not allowed to print our own personal copies?? The law is the law I guess but that just seems outrageous to me.

Molly Norris

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:52 AM, downscc said:

3 minutes ago, molleh said:

Are we seriously not allowed to print our own personal copies?? The law is the law I guess but that just seems outrageous to me.

Molly Norris

Molly, see Dan's response further up regarding why.