Sign in to follow this  

Well FTX Open LC South America is out

Are there currently ANY South American airports for P3Dv4? Sao Paulo? Rio? Santiago? Buenos Aires? Would love to fly down there but want to see some good airports to head to after 8+ hour flight! 

Eric 

7 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Are there currently ANY South American airports for P3Dv4? Sao Paulo? Rio? Santiago? Buenos Aires? Would love to fly down there but want to see some good airports to head to after 8+ hour flight! 

The tropicalsim guys said they can install into v4 (and work) just fine. They have Buenos Aires, Rio and Sao Paulo (among others).  And these are pretty new, having been updated/released last year the first two and 2015 the other  

LatinVFR has one in bolivia that was updated to v4 recently, and the sadly for the rest I don't think there is anything... (well there is, but not v4 compatible and most even just FSX, like Santiago, Montevideo, Caracas, Asuncion, etc..) 

oh also SABE (the one in Buenos Aires city proper, close to downtown) was added a while back by ORBX to their freeware pack. 

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Miami - Buenos Aires should be good... :)

1 hour ago, Henry Street said:

Yeah, I'm guessing some of these folks have never enjoyed flying from Cordoba to La Rioja or from Mendoza over the hills to Santiago. Too bad for them.

Excuse me! I have on occasion taken my Aerosoft Glider DiscusX Down to Santiago for some mountain flying. And right after the next ORBX sale I guess I'll be enjoying it even more! :laugh:

This can be used with GEX P3Dv4, right, just landclass? I don't use any FTX stuff, so not really familiar with this particular product, have always liked GEX/ UTX stuff though. I am using Scenery Tech SA now and it is kind of lacking, not to mention old. There are large areas of flat brown textures crossing Cusco to Lima, for example, at least in P3Dv3. Haven't been there in v4 yet.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

2 minutes ago, beachdog2001 said:

This can be used with GEX P3Dv4, right, just landclass? I don't any Orbyx stuff, do not really familiar with this particular product.  I am using Scenery Tech SA now and it is kind of lacking, not to mention old. There are large areas of flat brown textures crossing Cusco to Lima, for example.

No OpenLC products require ORBX Global textures since some of the landclass calls for non standard textures. 

If you're using GEX you'll need to use Scenery Tech or other landclass products that call only default named textures.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ah, thought so. Thanks.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

I really hope openLC Asia will be next. It was suppose to be come before South America and I'm not sure why it was switched. Asia is severely lacking in attention and really needs more focus.

• Upvote 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I just got it installed.  I'll have to set up a flight with the PMDG DC6 and do some freight deliveries to some little towns in South America, and see what it  looks like.

I'm happy for our fellow flight simmers in South America! For me however, I'd like some good airports to fly to as well. I think most simmers are in US and EU, thus the concentration of good airports are there. I'd like to fly in South America! I'd like to fly in Africa! I'd like to fly in Asia (sim some 747D on domestic Japanese routes!)! The quality of scenery just isn't there.

Forgive my first world problems... :biggrin:

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

7 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

I'll wait for the Xmas sale.

i don't think their recent sale included recently released products such as Innsbruck, so you might be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

43 minutes ago, Ian S said:

i don't think their recent sale included recently released products such as Innsbruck, so you might be disappointed.

Well this is bad news now!! I was planning to do the same.

Ahmet Can

I'm very happy this is finally out.  It's an amazing continent to explore more from within and do long hauls to.

Asia and Africa left.

2 hours ago, Ian S said:

Usually their sales exclude newer products that have been released up to 3 months before the sale started. So this one should be included in a black friday sale, if they do one.