Sign in to follow this  

Well FTX Open LC South America is out

Going by the questions asked over on the ORBX Forums of late it'll be Africa (inc. the Middle East going by the original LC announcement) next followed by Asia Major... that'll just leave Asia Minor and the rest of Oceania to do

2 hours ago, EastFB72 said:

Going by the questions asked over on the ORBX Forums of late it'll be Africa (inc. the Middle East going by the original LC announcement) next followed by Asia Major... that'll just leave Asia Minor and the rest of Oceania to do

Given that there is already Australia and New Zealand scenery released, I can't think that the rest of Oceania will be a stand-alone product (no disrespect intended to the good people of Samoa, Fiji, Tonga et al). I imagine it will be incorporated into a SE Asia or Far East package, if at all.

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

28 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Given that there is already Australia and New Zealand scenery released, I can't think that the rest of Oceania will be a stand-alone product (no disrespect intended to the good people of Samoa, Fiji, Tonga et al). I imagine it will be incorporated into a SE Asia or Far East package, if at all.

Possibly yet at the same time OpenLC Oceania will no doubt be good for those who dont want / have the full fat regions of New Zealand | Australia and Samoa (as covered by Pago Pago)

If so it'll no doubt be a very basic version of the regions already provided like with what you get for the British Isles in OpenLC Europe

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Henry Street said:

Yeah, I'm guessing some of these folks have never enjoyed flying from Cordoba to La Rioja or from Mendoza over the hills to Santiago. Too bad for them.

Hills? 24000 foot hills?

Dan Cole

Just now, bobrbend said:

Hills? 24000 foot hills?

:-)

24 minutes ago, EastFB72 said:

Possibly yet at the same time OpenLC Oceania will no doubt be good for those who dont want / have the full fat regions of New Zealand | Australia and Samoa (as covered by Pago Pago)

If so it'll no doubt be a very basic version of the regions already provided like with what you get for the British Isles in OpenLC Europe

Perhaps, it may just come down to a marketability factor, whether or not there are enough people who are interested in that part of the world that haven't already got Aus/NZ that may be prepared to pay for the product. I think any answer will be 12 months away at least...

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Perhaps, it may just come down to a marketability factor, whether or not there are enough people who are interested in that part of the world that haven't already got Aus/NZ that may be prepared to pay for the product. I think any answer will be 12 months away at least...

Sadly thats what it appears to come down to...

ORBX New Zealand is one of my favourite destinations to fly in yet the fact that of the big Airports in NZ, only Dunedin and Queenstown have been completed whilst Auckland is coming soon - with neither Wellington nor Christchurch in the pipeline it cant be a popular region for Developers.

Just hope with Godzone reaching its Kickstarter target it'll change over the next few years.

1 hour ago, Berike said:

For Brazilian airports and locations this three guys do fantastic job.

http://pauloricardofs.blogspot.com.br/ (Payware, need to get in touch over email or SimMarket)

http://rzanollicenarios.blogspot.com.br/ (freeware) great airports.

http://www.tropicalsim.net/2016/ (Brazil and other LATAM and Central America airports)

I have almost everything from them.

I sent Paulo an email about a month ago asking for the updates and I'm still waiting.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Did a short flight last night out of SLLP (El Alto) to SLCC (Copacabana) - Bolivia, taking a mountain detour ... it was an amazing flight.  I can upload some video if anyone is interested?  But the detail is up there with Norway Region (also using PILOTs latest FS Global Ultimate mesh).  I need to flatten some of the airports since I'm using FS Global.

Cheers, Rob.

13 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Did a short flight last night out of SLLP (El Alto) to SLCC (Copacabana) - Bolivia, taking a mountain detour ... it was an amazing flight.  I can upload some video if anyone is interested?  But the detail is up there with Norway Region (also using PILOTs latest FS Global Ultimate mesh).  I need to flatten some of the airports since I'm using FS Global.

Cheers, Rob.

Yup, i'd be interested in seeing that Rob.

14 minutes ago, magnetite said:

How big is the download for this?

About 6 GB.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

5 hours ago, ErichB said:

Yup, i'd be interested in seeing that Rob.

I posted a quickie video over in the Video section of AVSIM here: 

Cheers, Rob.