Sign in to follow this  
Adam_WMids_UK

Ezdok V2 with FSX but ChasePlane with P3Dv4?

Hi!

It is my understanding that I can't use ChasePlane with FSX running in full screen mode? I always use fullscreen mode as I prefer it.

I therefore want to use ChasePlane in P3Dv4 but continue using Ezdok V2 in FSX (as I can use that in full screen mode). However, despite changing the settings in ChasePlane to not allow it to start up with FSX, it still removes Ezdok configuration from my FSX CFGs when I start it up. Also... a "Would you like to" option would have been nice before ChasePlane just did it and THEN told me it had! I may have chosen not to if I was given a choice or any warning!

Is there a solution to this? Or am I wrong in my understanding that I can't use FSX in full screen mode with ChasePlane (and still switch views with joystick buttons?

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam,

If you want to access the interface while in Full Screen, we recommend using Borderless Gaming (https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases/)

This will allow you to have fullscreen (like P3D) while retaining the capability to interact with the User Interface.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven

I've now spent some time trying it with FSX... I had misunderstood the issue. No need for EzdokV2 now... I HAD THOUGHT that ChasePlane could not be used in full screen mode in FSX. This is not the case... simply that the UI can not be accessed in full screen mode, but the view system DOES still work in full screen. Providing I set my views first, the UI can be left running in the back ground and I can use joy stick assignments to switch between views during simulation in full screen... exactly as Ezdok worked. (I know you probably already know all this! I'm just adding in case anybody else reads this and misunderstood like I did!)

I love what I've used so far... AND it doesn't prevent my spot view from working... when I used Ezdok I found it used to prevent vertical panning in spot view. Superb product so far... and intuitive... I'm a "manual reader" usually... but not required for this product.

Well done!

Adam