Sign in to follow this  
Faelandaea

Cabin Pressurization Issue?

Hello, all.  

First off let me say I am impressed and now feel much better with FS2Crew and the 737 NGX.  My PMDG collection is now complete.  However, oddly enough my maiden flights went smoothly, then today I started having an odd issue.  While I was streaming this morning, I had a cabin pressurization failure, even though in PMDG settings it swore I had no failures set.  It did show the cabin as "failed", but it would not let me reset it.  I figured it was a random fluke.

However I am on a flight now as we speak and had the same thing happen again, but this time I think i caught the issue.  I was troubleshooting and noticed that neither pack was on.  Both L Pack and R Pack were off.  After manually flipping those on the aircraft started to pressurize and the failures cleared.

Anyone else encountering this?  My F/O usually handles the packs, but for some reason today he isn;t and I do not see a setting in FS2Crew for this.

If it helps, I am running SOP1 and first I tried on the 739 winglet Southwest from PMDG, and just now I had the issue on the Poseidon as well.

I know it is user error, because if not there would be a flood of posts here already, so if someone can let me know where I went wrong and how to correct it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Don't know if this is it. Alarm will go off if you start to descend before you reach the cruise altitude you set on the pressurization panel. 

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Unfortunately that is not it.  It goes off during climb and I verify that the pressurization system is indeed not pressurizing.  No indications on the main panel at all.  No lights anywhere.  Just an audible alarm.  I have also double checked and verified I am running the latest update to P3D as per the suggestions in the users manuals.

I may have a theory on the issue, though.  I made some changes in my configuration settings for SOP to let the first officer do all the pre-flight stuff.  I won;t be trying it until tomorrow, but if it works maybe he will catch something I am missing.  I also completely overhauled and re-wrote my flow spreadsheet, though i didn't see any changes to really speak of, but I did format it to make it less likely for me to miss a step.