Sign in to follow this  
delta november

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Guest Ken_Salter

Here is the latest trailer link for this movie;http://www.ugo.com/I have been waiting on a movie version of Douglas Adam's classic since I first read the books back in the early 80's. I am so excited!I just had to share...hope I'm not the only one who knows what this is. If you have never read these books...I highly suggest reading them. They will make your body hurt with laughter! IMHO...

Guest Staggerwing

ALRIGHT ! It's about time :-)Hope they can pull it off though.. they have a long way to go to out do my imagination while reading :-lol

Guest flyhi

Thanks for sharing. I read the books back in the early 80's as well, for the first time, and then i read them again and again from time to time. I highly suggest reading them. It is too bad that Douglas Adams left us so early.Turning the books to a movie is an extremely risky and difficult job. It is not the effects that much -becouse this can be done today if the budget is high enough- rather the special way that is needed for approaching and narrating the story, choosing which parts should be kept off the movie and the way this special humor can be shown.We'll see. I wish that we (and Douglas Adams !) enjoy a good movie at the end.At the middle of 90's (if i remember good) Douglas Adams had written a story for a pc game called "Starship Titanic". Nice story and graphics. It was a good try.regards,nikolas vegas/athens/hellas (greece)

Did any of you see the tv series or hear the radio version? I enjoyed both. And remember - 42!:D

Guest yarvelling

Looks great! Can't wait...I've been a HitchHicker fan for more years than I care to remember!!It'd be hard to screw this up with the good cast they have and with the quality of the source material....love the idea of having Stephen Fry as 'the book'..:)Thanks for the link Ken :) :)

Hi all,thanks for the heads-up, Ken, looks promising indeed.While I was in college in Germany there was an annual Hitchhiker's Fest in a local bar; they would remove all furniture from the back room, everyone would bring big pillows, and then we'd lounge, listen, drink, and laugh to the entire BBC radio show during 12 hours or so.More FS-related, it was yours truly who convinced Jim Keir to name his coastline design utility "Slartibartfast" cause it fits well with that guy who was so proud of designing Norway's fjordscape ;-)Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger; I've been racking my Brain?... or whats left of it.. ever sinceI downloaded that util. Could not remember where I'd heard it. Well maybe we could all get together and have a drink at "The Cafeat the end of the universe". Could be that Ford Prefect would be there. I used to own a 1949 AngliaPrefect, but it had a 427 Chevy in it}( Denny