Sign in to follow this  
Darcy

Setting advice, high CPU temps

Okay thanks all.  I looked into my cooling for CPU and it was just stock.  So I have just taken it in to get a new cooling fan for the CPU that should bring Temps down.  As for settings I may just check out a new 1070 card down the road and keep tweaking to get the stutters to slow down and busy airports.

Thanks again this made me look into things in my system!

Darcy

Get yourself the Noctua NH D15S (for Air cooling) or the Corsair H100i / Arctic Liquid Freeer 240 (for AIO watercooling)... and you are good to go .-)

I went with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.  I get it back today so will find out how it works for temp.  They were quite sure I would notice a big difference and I don't have to hear the loud fan anymore when flying :).

Darcy

• Upvote 1

OMG! You were running 4.5 GHz on a stock Intel cooler. "Well, theres your problem."

• Upvote 1

I'm using the 212 EVO on my I5 4670 @ 4.7ghz on a 4.5 FSB using the Artic MX-4 thermal compound. Temps are in mid 60's C with the ambient room temp around 75 f.

Nice cooler. Easy install. Cheap!l

Much better now.  Low 70's to 80 when on unlimited and 39 when idle.  It is also much quieter.  I have had the system for 2.5 years so no point getting an even better water cooled fan now.  Next system though I will check on the cpu fan.  Now if I can only stop the stutters everytime gsx or mt 6 traffic loads or add on scenery is introduced.  GSX especially stutters as the options screens come up.  They told me it was LM's issue.

Darcy