Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

Simstarter NG updated to v 1.5

Hurray!

SIMstarter updated to V1.5.

[FEATURE] P3Dv4 - General compatibility with PREPAR3D v4 (works with FSUIPC5)
[FEATURE] AS P3Dv4 - Compatible with Active Sky 2016 for PREPAR3D v4
[FEATURE] Add-On.xml MGR - (P3Dv4) New Add-On.xml Manager to add, modify or delete Add-On.Xml files
[FEATURE] Add-On CfgSets - (P3Dv4) ConfigSets for Add-On.xml files are available to assign to each profile
[FEATURE] Scenery MGR - (P3Dv4) Shows items of Add-On.xml files. Layers can be changed via GUI.
[FEATURE] SimObjects MGR - (P3Dv4) Shows items of Add-On.xml files
[FEATURE] DLL/EXE.XML MGR - (P3Dv4) Shows items of Add-On.xml files
[FEATURE] ConfigSets - ConfigSets can be automatically sorted (check Program Settings)
[FEATURE] MakeRwys - Includes v4.7.0.0 (ready for P3Dv4)
[FEATURE] SceneryMGR - HTML Export highlights ScenerySpacer for better overview
[FEATURE] SceneryMGR - Import multiple Scenery items from one source path (searching for scenery/texture folders)
[FEATURE] Fileswitcher - SwitchSets can be switched ON and OFF by clicking "Switch files"
[FEATURE] Startposition - Helipads added
[CHANGED] Livery MGR - Livery Import remembers the last selected import path
[CHANGED] Scenery MGR - ScenerySpacer will be stored in SIMstarter NG userprofiles directory (not AddOn Scenery)
[CHANGED] Startposition - Renew AddOn Airport list works together with "Refresh Airports" button
[BUGFIX] GoogleEarth - GoogleEarth not installed dialog comes up every time SIMstarter NG starts
[BUGFIX] SimConfig - Tooltip missing in some cases
[BUGFIX] SimObjects MGR - (FSX/FSX-SE) Dialog crashes if path contains bad character (")

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Well this is welcome news....especially the inclusion of add-on xml manager.  There was some question from the developer if he was actually going to include this feature.  I wonder how well it will work vs. the Lorby program.  I think I would still use Lorby to actually add the scenery, aircraft, etc. but continue to use Simstarter to set the scenario.  I am also questioning now the need for it as there is no OOM issue so turning off scenery is less of a concern although I would imagine at highly condensed areas (EGLL/EGKK, CYYZ,CYTZ and New York, etc.) that turning off the unused airport scenery will probably improve framerates.

Also, does anyone know what the makerunways is used for in SimStarter....I need to run through the process of using this program and getting ORBX to recognize my addon airports so they are not underground.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

In FSX the makerunways was used to export all your payware airports to google earth.  A feature I used a lot to do some flight planning to make sure I was departing and landing from non default scenery.

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

Well this is welcome news....especially the inclusion of add-on xml manager.  There was some question from the developer if he was actually going to include this feature.  I wonder how well it will work vs. the Lorby program.  I think I would still use Lorby to actually add the scenery, aircraft, etc. but continue to use Simstarter to set the scenario.  I am also questioning now the need for it as there is no OOM issue so turning off scenery is less of a concern although I would imagine at highly condensed areas (EGLL/EGKK, CYYZ,CYTZ and New York, etc.) that turning off the unused airport scenery will probably improve framerates.

Also, does anyone know what the makerunways is used for in SimStarter....I need to run through the process of using this program and getting ORBX to recognize my addon airports so they are not underground.

From what I have seen the new add-on xml manager works great and handling scenery layers is as easy as before (where you just used a single scenery.cfg). You can even create a  new add-on.xml by adding several add-on entries of different categories (such as scenery / effects / texture etc). at once with a single mouse click.

As to OOM, you are right that there would be no need for this reason. But if someone uses a lot of photo sceneries it makes sense to just select the ones that are needed for the actual flight because all active photo scenries are otherwise loaded even in aeras you do not fly.

I also think that you will get some peformance gain by de-selecting high definition airports you fly over because at least parts of them will still be loaded into memory which requires resources.

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

In FSX the makerunways was used to export all your payware airports to google earth.  A feature I used a lot to do some flight planning to make sure I was departing and landing from non default scenery.

True, and also other add-on such as Lord of the Landing require MakeRwys to generate the updated airport files. Good to see that it works now with V4 just as before with V3.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

7 hours ago, raphaeldias85 said:

Hi,

How to update? I bought from simmarket.

Thanks

Raphael Dias

The new version is available for download in the Aerosoft shop account. I guess Simmarket will provide the new installers soon (if not already), then you can download it from your account.

The internal update function of v1.4 will not work. The old version needs to be deinstalled and the new version v1.5 installed.

Regards,

Chris

--

Delighted that Simstarter NG has been updated to work with P3D V4. When I first got it for V3 - someone had kindly posted their recommendations for settings - depending as to whether your computer was low, medium or high - the settings also included suggested settings for active sky. Has anyone done this for P3D V4? It was so helpful.

George Westwell

Simmarket sure is taking it's time updating this one. Anyone know when they will have it available?

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

2 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Simmarket sure is taking it's time updating this one. Anyone know when they will have it available?

Try one of the other mirror links.. i think i clicked on USA mirror.. it was still version 1.4x.. when i did Germany or similar... it downloaded and was the 1.5

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Just a heads up for everyone.  I downloaded from my Aerosoft account using the USA Mirror.  It downloaded what was labled as the 1.5 version, but when I installed, it was the 1.4 again.  Did it twice just to make sure.  Went back to Aerosoft, downloaded from the World mirror and all is OK.  Something is broken with the USA mirror.

John

Still waiting simmarket for the update file. Take them so long for this one.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Dumb question.  Does this utility let u set up different profiles for enabling/disabling ORBX regions upon startup?

Matt Wilson

Just now, mpw8679 said:

Dumb question.  Does this utility let u set up different profiles for enabling/disabling ORBX regions upon startup?

Short answer: yes

You can define several scenery profiles containing configurable scenery collections.
You choose which profile is used for P3D startup

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

26 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Short answer: yes

You can define several scenery profiles containing configurable scenery collections.
You choose which profile is used for P3D startup

Awesome. Thank u

Matt Wilson