Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Update 8: Truesky (1.2.19365.0) Now Live

30 minutes ago, Chock said:

Nah, this ain't FSX, the finished product will be dumping the work onto the GPU, in the pic below, FSW was fluctuating between 25 and 50 frames per second and remaining smooth, and my GPU is cr*ppy and old too and the CPU is even older.

Just below the ball turret in this pic, you can see a new cloud beginning to form in the distance...

AtlCPN3.png

Impressive! What works in FSW? ChasePlane? What aircrafts - if any?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Very cool.  This is the most exciting news I have heard regarding FSW so far.  Truesky has the capability to eclipse any weather addon out for fsx p3d or xplane in terms of realism and graphics, and what is flight simulation wqithout good weather simulation?  FSW you have my attention.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

This is why it's a good idea to support them( think of it as donationware), rather than dismissing them so quickly...

It has a long way to go, but so far, they are trying hard. And for $25....!

tony

• Upvote 3

The SDK is in development.

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

The TrueSky  addition was enough to make me purchase  FSW. I'm going to shelve XP11 temporarily and use FSW as my GA simulator  for a few weeks to get a better feeling for its capabilities  and quirks.

4 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The TrueSky  addition was enough to make me purchase  FSW. I'm going to shelve XP11 temporarily and use FSW as my GA simulator  for a few weeks to get a better feeling for its capabilities  and quirks.

I am seriously considering it as well... 

Now all we need is an airliner, a weather engine (or real weather) and flight planner, and I'm good to go! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

25 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It still has it's bugs and many of those have been reported on different forums so many times. The best forum to report a bug is the Dovetail forum as they are on there everyday. Still, it is well worth the price of admission. I think the goal is to build and finish the house before anyone moves in.

I like to fly old school so the GPS bugs don't bother me so much. They are weeding them out as they can.:ampun:

All that work under the covers to modernize the sim's core is starting to show and pay off. Congrats DTG!

So frustrating that I'm stuck at work making a living instead of being at home playing with the new weather. I think I feed a cold coming on... cough cough. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

One doubt I have ...

is real world weather being fetched into FSW and depicted through that new engine ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, jcomm said:

is real world weather being fetched into FSW and depicted through that new engine ?

At a later time probably. Then we will see what they can do.. But at the moment you select a weather scheme or modify an existing one and this weather is valid for the whole flight. So I would say it is a step in the right direction but it is a bit early to declare a doomsday for Hifi. Its main advantage is that it is part of the main program itself.compared to ASN, Sky Maxx Pro and so on.

Wanna see something really cool? Get in the Piper Cub and choose 'Fogged in' weather, then take off and keep climbing, you'll break through the clouds at around 10-12,000 feet, keep on climbing and check it out, it's like being in another world and is very reminiscent of when you do that in real life in an aeroplane. Well worth the effort to get the Cub up there and look around. :cool:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The snow effects look really good too, just from watching the video on twitch.

Stephen mentioned that you might also be able to observe God rays.

Barry Friedman

Great job, DTG!

This no hassle flight sim adds to the special "complete" feel with every update. Buy it...load it...fly it.

Anyone else noticed that the somewhat over bright, bleached out, look to the world outside has returned when Advanced Weather is selected?

• Upvote 1