Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Update 8: Truesky (1.2.19365.0) Now Live

11 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Anyone else noticed that the somewhat over bright, bleached out, look to the world outside has returned when Advanced Weather is selected?

As they implemented TrueSky, they will have to tune the lighting again. It´s just a metter of time until they balance it. When people complained just after the release, they said something about not focusing too much on tuning lighting, because when the new technology (now we know it´s TrueSky) was implemented they would have to tune all over again. 

This is why I dont listen to the people in Flight Simulation. Most were completely wrong about how wonderful this product would be. TrueSky is remarkable. 

• Upvote 2

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

This is great news to wake up to. Can't wait to try it out later.

Nobody can say DTG aren't investing in their product!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

ughhhhh....I'm on a business trip for the next week and a half....without my simming rig - sux 2 b me!!!!  Anyways, this is an awesome update.  Looking forward to seeing TrueSky when I get back home.  I hope peeps will post videos.....hint hint

Edit:

Oh...Well done DTG!!!!  You're setting the bar pretty high for the next update...hehehe.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I am seriously considering it as well... 

Now all we need is an airliner, a weather engine (or real weather) and flight planner, and I'm good to go! :laugh:

FS-FlightControl has a planner for FSW...FS-FlightControl

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Congrats DTG this is a big leap forward. FSW is coming together and we're seeing some developers even adding it as an install option. Patience in the world of lflight simming really is a virtue.

This is a great addition. Nice to surprise to wake up to this morning

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The TrueSky  addition was enough to make me purchase  FSW. I'm going to shelve XP11 temporarily and use FSW as my GA simulator  for a few weeks to get a better feeling for its capabilities  and quirks.

Agreed, this is starting to look like a great GA sim.

I believe they implemented this update a little early to re-generate interest in the sim. There are still some things in the new weather engine that need work. The lighting needs improved, again, and they should slow down the boiling clouds in my opinion.  But they know this. I am patient and have been rewarded. This is really a nice addition, and free none the less. GA VFR flying like I do has never been better in a stock sim. All for the 15 dollars I laid down for Flight School. I don't have this level in FSX with my payware. Seems like with each update thing just keep getting better. I believe that trend will continue...Well done DTG...

Spent a little bit of time with this update before work and can already see what amazing potential TrueSky has. The undulations on the undersides of some clouds, the way the sun interacts with the clouds throughout different times of the day, at times it really looks like real life (TM). So glad they went with TrueSky and not Sundog.

But it definitely needs better integration with the sim. The dynamism in the clouds is way too quick much of the time and the scattering / haze effect has taken a step back and left everything looking very washed out. Also no matter what the cloud cover, cockpits are bright with internal shadows that look permanently like a sunny day.

Hopefully the lighting engine and TrueSky will start complimenting each other soon, and if they can get cloud / terrain shadows working the cumulative effect should be stunning.

Anyway, as the next step in the updates it's so good to see that firstly they invested in TrueSky as a default feature and secondly they seem to have it working in the sim without any noticeable performance hit. 

Looking good DTG!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Indeed! They need to implement trueLighting now :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Still not ready to purchase, but this sim has a bit of my interest. I will be interested to see what the development team brings to the table in the next two to three months. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

And you said that because ........ ?

I think the idea is for you to purchase it now and report all bugs you find thereby contributing to the finished quality product. Want to jump in? :cool:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AOB said:

I think the idea is for you to purchase it now and report all bugs you find thereby contributing to the finished quality product. Want to jump in? :cool:

MikeT707, AOB's right - and you've seen for yourself, the system works!

After seeing some of the videos (especially one with the new snow effect, I was really impressed). Indeed there is a lot more work to be done generally (Real Weather, AI Traffic, Lighting, Textures, Jets etc.) but for 24 USD, it's a no brainer based on what I have seen at least for GA flying. X-Plane 11 will remain my core sim but I will be also now be enjoying the immersive weather and frequent updates of FSW in the hope it continues to evolve.