Sign in to follow this  
Manny

What is the best payware/freeware Airbus out there?

OK.. I had avoided the heavies all this time... till I got into the PMDG 747. Learned the FMC and the MCP and now I am having too much fun with the PMDG 747. I think, Boeing uses very similar cockpit for most of their aircrafts like their 737 and 757 and 767 and 777 etc... so I am looking for something that would be different.. Maybe the Airbus series?Any ideas and suggestions for me to try out?Thanks.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I've taken a liking to the PSS A320 merged with IFDG's excellent freeware model. Be warned, though, it's much different than a Boeing. It's very fun to fly, though. :-)

I know the feeling. If it was allowed I'd be happy to give you my PSS A340. Very different to the Boeing of course, but also a problematic product. Check out the PSS forums for details. A shame really 'cos it's a great looking aircraft.There isn't a really decent modern Airbus available at present. But if you're looking for a change of scene, why not try the Aeroworx B200 or the Flight1 ATR. Both are complex - especially the ATR - but pretty un-Boeing like!!Ian

I have the King air and the ATR.I love the ATR. It is still one of my alltime fav. But I have been dialing in and handflying it for the most part. Now having figured out the FMC, Its a good idea to fly the ATR using its FMC. The only thing is.. does the ATR have an MCP or its equivalent?I am also looking into the FS2Crew for the ATR.Yeah.. that should be my immediate goal after I remove some wrinkles in my understanding of the PMDG 747. I want to complete that learning curve before I forget everything about it. Good idea.Thank you.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter