Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Orbx Lights Popping

Anyone have a tweak for the Orbx lights popping?  I tried searching but didn't see any particular posts regarding this so maybe it's not normal?  It's nice having pretty much everything in v4 load at great distance with no popping, yet coming in to an area at night and seeing the lights pop is annoying.  I may even just disable them at this point if there's no fix.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

It's not ORBX, but how the autogen loads in v4.  A lot of people are having problems and made complaints to LM in their forums.  Rumor has it there will be a fix in the next hotfix release, whenever that will be.  Most night lights, aside from main roads, is connected to autogen scenery.  If you lower the settings or your LOD radius, you may see the popping get better.  Again, maybe not.  It's really annoying.

Hmmm..I haven't noticed other autogen not loading properly only the lights.  Maybe I just haven't noticed.  Ill do a flight during the day and pay attention to the rest of the autogen to see what thats doing.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

34 minutes ago, pegruder said:

Hmmm..I haven't noticed other autogen not loading properly only the lights.  Maybe I just haven't noticed.  Ill do a flight during the day and pay attention to the rest of the autogen to see what thats doing.

Make sure you use the light tweaker and set fps to lock at 31.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

43 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Make sure you use the light tweaker and set fps to lock at 31.

I've been using FPS unlimited and haven't really had any issues aside from noticing this.  What light tweaker are you referring to?  The Orbx provided one or is there something else?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

20 minutes ago, pegruder said:

I've been using FPS unlimited and haven't really had any issues aside from noticing this.  What light tweaker are you referring to?  The Orbx provided one or is there something else?

The orbx one. Install it and check it out. It's a nice tool to make lights more orange and smaller. When you cap your fps the system doesn't have to work as hard to keep scenery sharp. It also prevents loading tiles in the distance.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

The orbx one. Install it and check it out. It's a nice tool to make lights more orange and smaller. When you cap your fps the system doesn't have to work as hard to keep scenery sharp. It also prevents loading tiles in the distance.

Ok I wasn't sure if there was another tool.  I've used that to configure them, Ill try capping the FPS.  Before I started to really use v4 I was reading a few posts about settings and alot of people were saying to go unlimited.  That gone were the days of needing to lock your FPS down!  I guess every machine is also different and Ill need to experiment as well.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

I just double checked, during the day I don't seem to have any popping of autogen in general.  Only at night for the Orbx lights.  No matter what settings I tried it didn't seem to matter.  I may just keep them off for now.  They almost look out of place, especially after messing around in the 'other' sim. ;)

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

That is strange as I am having no issues at all with ORBX light pops in V4.  I had them in V3 but have yet to notice any in V4 and I have been doing a good amount of night flying recently. What is your autogen draw distance slider set on? I have mine on 'Very High'. Are you noticing the road lights pop or just the regular FTX lights? 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

18 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

That is strange as I am having no issues at all with ORBX light pops in V4.  I had them in V3 but have yet to notice any in V4 and I have been doing a good amount of night flying recently. What is your autogen draw distance slider set on? I have mine on 'Very High'. Are you noticing the road lights pop or just the regular FTX lights? 

Seems just the FTX lights.  Whats really odd, I just installed the North America LC and it seems the issue went away.  Very strange.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS