Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

EZDOK 2.5 & v4

I need some input on those who are using ezdok 2.5 with p3d v4. Is it ready? Is it easy to set up the effects.

I know I can't import my sets from the last version, so I'll need some help.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Still in beta phase but it works for me flawless in v4.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Still in beta phase but it works for me flawless in v4.

Thanks.

Any tips?

Can't give you anyone because i installed the beta over my 2.0 version, registered it in v4 and it worked ;-)

Just don't forget to delete the original key assingments in v4 as required.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Don't expect problems, it works in v4. And the new user interface makes it easier and more intuitive.

• Upvote 1

The simple answer is, yes, it works. Have you used EZdok v1? If so, you won't have any trouble getting to grips with v2. It's pretty much the same thing, with some new features and a nicer interface.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

My only concern is adding effects. I hope I don't have to spend all day with one plane.

Yes, I am a v1 aficionado and understood it well.

Hmmm, I was wondering whether to go ChasePlane or EZDOK V2 but I see as an owner of EZDOK V1 I get V2 for $12. Decision made and despite the discount I think that's the way I would have gone.:biggrin:

I havent had much time to play with it on mine, but it seems to be working.. i think the effect for engine shake seems a bit strong or is that more realistic.. at first i thought i had visual stutters, when i turned the effect off everything was smooth?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

My only concern is adding effects. I hope I don't have to spend all day with one plane.

If you open a new plane EDZDOK 2.5 takes the cameras from the aircraft.cfg and adds them to the interface, very handy!

• Upvote 1

Signature3.png

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

If you open a new plane EDZDOK 2.5 takes the cameras from the aircraft.cfg and adds them to the interface, very handy!

I'm not having much luck with that feature.. at least not with say the Ants Airplanes P92 Eaglet.. i even browsed to the aircraft.cfg.. but for some reason when i click through the various cameras they dont do anything.. external ones result in a view "inside" the paneling of the aircraft with a giant square at the center of the plane.  I also cant "find" the ezca window .. often have to kill it and relaunch it because it wont come into focus anywhere on screen.. and the num lock 2 edit then seems to not allow camera movement to adjust camera views and save them.. just a few of my observations in my limited time so far.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

I found it easier to add and change effects. It's a good user friendly interface I believe. It also comes with links to tutorials, although they are in Russian by the Dev, it has English sub titles.

I love it, I have both chase plane and ezdok2 and I always go back to ezdok2 as I believe it has better camera effects.

10 minutes ago, branks737 said:

I love it, I have both chase plane and ezdok2 and I always go back to ezdok2 as I believe it has better camera effects.

Same here. I actually regret buying Chaseplane.

• Upvote 1

Is it true that ChaplePlane is more heavy on FPS than EZDOK ?

Mike