Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What do you wish you hadn't installed in P3D4?

It's an odd question, I know, but I'm getting ready to 'switch over' from P3D3.4 and it would help if I knew what to avoid.

My current P3D3.4 build has

• Utilities: EZDok, FSUIPC, AS2016, EnvTex, GSX, Topcat, PFPX, LORBY-SI, SimStarter
  • Orbx: Global, Vector, Europe, NA, all regions except Ireland and a lot of their airports
  • Airports by: FlyTampa, FSDT, FlightBeam, Taxi2Gate, LatinVFR, TropicalSim, MexHighFlight, Aerosoft, Richer Simulations (good stuff!), JetStream Designs, Digital Designs, NewSceneryStudio, RFSCENERYBUILDING, DRZEWIECKI, DREAMFLIGHT, The Airport Guys, ImagineSim,
  • Most PMDG, Dash8 Q400, RealAir Dukes, a few Carenado, Aerosoft A3xx (not compatible with 3.4 yet)...a few others.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Digital Designs, LOWS did not work. The runway lights were inop and some other lights did not work.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm at least a little surprised that there haven't been other problematic products.  It's good news indeed if people are having good success getting their add-ons installed on the 64-bit sim.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

uk2000 old installers... follow the instructions on his site to delete the fs9 bgls 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I'm at least a little surprised that there haven't been other problematic products.  It's good news indeed if people are having good success getting their add-ons installed on the 64-bit sim.

Or maybe most of us are just playing it safe and not forcing v3's into v4.

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

11 minutes ago, gboz said:

Or maybe most of us are just playing it safe and not forcing v3's into v4.

Valid point.  My plan is to get bare essentials working stable then add a few airports and airplanes.  Each time I reinstall, some things get left permanently behind. 

Gregg Seipp

del

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

9 hours ago, DJJose said:

Digital Designs, LOWS did not work. The runway lights were inop and some other lights did not work.

lows works fine in v4.  just need to update sode to v1.5x

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Although slightly off topic, I will share what I'm not installing. Global Vector, it messed up  airport elevations throughout the USA and sucked up more than it's fair share of FPS in FSX. 

Bob

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BobP said:

Although slightly off topic, I will share what I'm not installing. Global Vector, it messed up  airport elevations throughout the USA and sucked up more than it's fair share of FPS in FSX. 

Bob

Same here...I actually think the P3D native Vector in V4 looks much better than in V3 so I am also skipping that for now.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Same here...I actually think the P3D native Vector in V4 looks much better than in V3 so I am also skipping that for now.

Lol you guys are seriously missing out.. I have Vector installed in V4 and it made a world of a difference to the sim! And NO FPS HIT!!! For me might I add.

But the difference is staggering when comparing coastlines, rivers and roads.. If you have V4, get Vector!

As for what not to install, basically anything that doesn't have a native V4 installer, unless you want to spend more time fixing than flying.. :)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RancidViper said:

As for what not to install, basically anything that doesn't have a native V4 installer, unless you want to spend more time fixing than flying.. :)

I haven't started migrating to v4 but, from what I've heard so far, there are some products that have a native v4 installer and others have v4 patches, right?  Seems dubious to have a v4 patch for scenery since the installation method has changed. 

Gregg Seipp

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think v4 has updated vector data?

Good post idea...

SODE (is that what it's called?) Really didn't play well with V4. Kept getting 'stuck' requiring a reboot or log out/log in.

Vector (maybe). I have plateaus on several airports now. Even after running the Vector configuration tool. I also saw a fps hit.

That's it. I suppose dedicated tweaking might solve these issues, but, I'm tired of tweaking. 

Otherwise, I haven't used V3 once since V4 came out.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I'm fine with my installs. Maybe the only thing I would regret was using AS16 Beta which may have caused some issues, but the release version has no issues for me. Installing an old SODE exe may have caused issues, but 1.53 has no issues. I;m of the thought that anything that is updated for v4 seems to be working FOR ME.

Also Vector is updated for v4. The annoying plateaus are present but it does a great job with the scenery at no FPS FOR ME.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma