Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What do you wish you hadn't installed in P3D4?

Fsaerodata was problematic on my install. Although it stated v4 compatibility, it did not behave well according to scenery.cfg/add-on-xml. To remove it was difficult too.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

12 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Fsaerodata was problematic on my install.

Maybe have a look here:
https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

I don't know if it is as extensive as FSAerodata, but it is free and works for me.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Good post idea...

SODE (is that what it's called?) Really didn't play well with V4. Kept getting 'stuck' requiring a reboot or log out/log in.

Vector (maybe). I have plateaus on several airports now. Even after running the Vector configuration tool. I also saw a fps hit.

That's it. I suppose dedicated tweaking might solve these issues, but, I'm tired of tweaking. 

Otherwise, I haven't used V3 once since V4 came out.

SODE works just fine for me. There's an updated version that might solve whatever issue you're having.

17 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Maybe have a look here:
https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

I don't know if it is as extensive as FSAerodata, but it is free and works for me.

That's what I did afterwards. I did not mention it because the thread is about problematic add-ons.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I had no problems with fsAerodata at all. Also ORBX Vector runs very good on my machine. I have every single option activated...

The only problem I have seen so far: At EDDM runway 26R there is a power line next to the runway that is definitely not there in reality.... ;)

I can't confirm the problems with Digitaldesigns LOWS, SODE and FSAerodata others. Some glitches like the Lights on LOWS were fixed in seconds by updating the add-ons to recent versions.

I just can say what many others people also say: as long as one doesn't begin to shoehorning v3-Addons in v4 your safe.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

a small disappointment ...... airports such as LatinVFR's KSAN have no "dynamic" jetways as it relied on AES which is not P3DV4 compatible & seems may never be !

for now, cheers

john martin

8 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

lows works fine in v4.  just need to update sode to v1.5x

I'm using 1.5.3.

Are your runway lights working?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hey everyone,

I use UTX V2 USA, Europe, Canada and the Tropics all of which look great to my eye. FPS hit is minimal. I run dense scenery settings and 4SSAA, every flight I am amazed at the view from the cockpit. Get this, I bought  the world! from FS Genesis. There are airport elevation differences with higher resolution mesh but I don't spend a lot of time at airports.  

My experience with FSX Vector was bad, as soon as I activated it FPS dropped 10 and it sucked up VAS like the Packman Blinky.

Bob

2 hours ago, BobP said:

My experience with FSX FTX Vector was bad. As soon as I activated it FPS dropped 10 and it sucked up VAS like the Packman Blinky.

But we're discussing v4 in this thread. FTX vector works just fine with v4.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

If it works for you, that's great. I'm explaining why I'm not using it in V4. Have fun!

Bob 

No problems at all with FSAerodata here, even with FSX and P3D v4 co-installed, and with doing cycle updates as well.

For me it's the PMDG v4 product line (i own the 747 and the 737 base package) and the take it or leave it stance on dynamic lighting that has left a sour taste in my mouth.

15 hours ago, DJJose said:

I'm using 1.5.3.

Are your runway lights working?

yes, lights work at night.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

8 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

yes, lights work at night.  

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.