Sign in to follow this  
MD11Captain

Good quality European hub sceneries for v4?

Hi everyone

I realise this may seem a bit obvious, but I was hoping for some help in choosing a new scenery for v4. I never owned many airports for FSX (most of my budget went into aeroplanes) and those which I did are not v4 compatible (for now at least).

What I'm looking for is a major European hub with multiple runways and ideally a bit of 747 traffic (for now, PMDG's new 747 is my only v4 add-on aeroplane).  Despite having had a good look at multiple developers compatibility lists, all I've found which really takes my fancy so far are FlyTampa's Schiphol and UK2000's Heathrow.  Of those, I'm only really considering Schiphol since I've heard Aerosoft's Heathrow v2 always ran a little faster in previous sims and I prefer the way it looks too (no disrespect to UK2000, their products look wonderful).

All I want to know really is whether there are some other options worth taking a look at?

Charlie Reed

i9 9900K | 32GB RAM | RTX 3090

Difficult if you really need a huge hub. Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt should be out soon for V4.

Taxi2Gate Paris CDG is out already, but got very mixed reviews, mainly due a mixture of sharp and blurry textures. Therefore I skipped that.

If you also accept not that huge airports, I`d recommend FlyTampa Athens and something in the North of Europe, Aerosoft Mega Airport Oslo V2 in Norway. Nice atmosphere and they even added some V4 specific stuff like dynamic flood lights. 

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Thank you very much.  Aerosoft's Oslo seems tempting :). The idea of landing on a snowy runway marked in yellow sounds pretty novel.

Charlie Reed

Flytampa EKCH is also nice  or EDDM by Taxi2gate 

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

From what I recall, beware that the Aerosoft Heathrow can be an FPS hit compared to UK2k's.

FT Schiphol, Athens, Vienna are good too.

As is Aerosoft's Mallorca too.

• Upvote 1

I'd say Aerosoft LIMC and LIFR even though the latter isn't officially supported by AS

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'd say Aerosoft LIMC and LIFR even though the latter isn't officially supported by AS

Good call, I didn't recall seeing Malpensa on their master compatibility list, but that really is an exciting option.  Thank you!

Charlie Reed

Can't go wrong with UK2000's output. Most can be installed in P3D V4 with a minor tweak (you just delete a couple of the animation files from the scenery folder) and they are all gradually being genuinely P3D V4 compatible with a proper installer, with a few already compatible.

Obviously you have the major UK hub airports such as Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham etc, but then you've also got other UK airports which are service hubs for smaller airlines and leasing firms etc, for example, Aberdeen has loads of helicopter operations owing to the services to rigs in the North Sea, Glasgow is a hub for a number of charter private jet companies, Leeds Bradford, Liverpool and Luton are hubs for some major charter airlines with repair facilities. Manchester in particular will be an interesting place to watch, since it has just started construction on a 1 billion pound project which will see big airlines such as Virgin and Emirates operating many more flights from there thanlks to massive increases in terminal capacity and parking gates for large airliners.

Interestingly, where Europe is concerned, some low-cost airlines are, or have threatened to move their operations from the UK as a result of the Britain leaving the European Union. Currently Britain enjoys the benefits of the EU's open skies policy, allowing flights to be easily regulated for EU member states, but depending on the deal the UK strikes in its Brexit negotiations, that may change and it's already having repercussions for the UK: Easyjet, with hubs in the UK and Switzerland are now moving their headquarters from the UK to Austria amid fears that if they remain a UK-based company, they won't get those flight concessions. Ryannair have also threatened similar actions too. So you might want to consider some Austrian scenery too!

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

42 minutes ago, Chock said:

genuinely P3D V4 compatible

Just downloaded 3 of their airports and installed flawlessly in v4, first being EGCC, which was version 2 and looked better than v1 I had in FSX. Incredible eye-to-detail replication.

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much for your help everyone, I ended up getting both Schiphol and Malpensa.

Charlie Reed

People you need to be clear what a hub is. 

A hub is one of those airports that all other airports serve to and then the bulk of intercontinental flights go from there. So Oslo and Copenhagen are not hubs. Not by a long shot.

Hubs in Europe would be Paris CDG, Madrid( although mainly to south american destinations), Frankfurt, Amsterdam, London Heathrow, Istanbul Atatürk and to a lesser extent Munich.

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

People you need to be clear what a hub is. 

That's tedious, man!

Munich is for sure a hub. At least for Star Alliance. Just sayin :-)