Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Got my eye on Just Flight Piper Warrior

I have never purchased an aircraft from Just Flight are there aircraft comparable to A2A quality?

Kevin Humphryes

It doesn't have Accusim, so no, not comparable in my opinion. Do you own the A2A Cherokee and Comanche already?

14 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

It doesn't have Accusim, so no, not comparable in my opinion. Do you own the A2A Cherokee and Comanche already?

I was never that enamored with Accusim, personally.  On the other hand, I was never that much thrilled with the Warrior even in the real world.  In the real world, it's easy-peasy to fly, has a friendly stall, does slow-flight well, floats a long way if you're above your final speed.  The Just Flight Arrow is extremely nice, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I would pick the A2A Cherokee. It is one of the best aircraft in my Prepar3d hanger. I logged quite a few hours flying actual Piper Warriors, but I would still go with the A2A Cherokee. Its flight modeling is in a league with the best payware products on the market.

Where I find the flight dynamics better is when you get into the fringes of the flight envelope.  For example the A2A can stall at high speeds such as during a steep turn or pulling out too suddenly from a dive. Very few developers get this type of behavior at the fringe of the flight envelope correct and these are the areas where a real world pilot can also get into trouble. 

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Just bought it.

If it is up to the level of the recent in house stuff then it should be great. It has quite a feature list by the looks of it.

Since the canberra the in house team has been turning out some great study aircraft. Their last few ga things have been great and the service and response to requests for features is the best I have seen from any developer. When was the last time you saw a developer roll out requests from customers within days and then go on to do further development on a different varient from forum requests. Need to get it installed and flown now to see if it matches up!

Edit to add to turn and banks comment, the a2a Cherokee is great but is about twice the price of the just flight stuff. I own pretty much all the a2a stuff and have been a long term fan. The recent just flight stuff is very good though. Can't comment on the flight model yet as I haven't flown it.

I have been wanting a good warrior in sim for ages. The Cherokee is great but there are some significant differences between the two despite looking so similar.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Flies good. Could use some better liveries, though...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

2 hours ago, BamaKevin said:

Panel look good too?

Just as good as the Arrow. In fact, I imagine it is actually the Arrow panel file adapted to the Warrior. It would be kind of a waste of time to start from scratch when the two panels are so similar.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

It is, in my opinion, one of the best recently-developed GA aeroplanes available. It is absolutely comparable to any other FS add-on out there, A2A or otherwise, and as far as FSX is concerned, you can add the plug in AccuFeel FSX add-on to it and have all of that A2A stuff in the Just Flight Arrow anyway.

If you want to know how much Just Flight have raised the bar in terms of being a top notch developer, just check the history of threads about the Arrow right here on Avsim: When it was released, people were impressed, but had some minor gripes about the audio for the RPM settings and someone also mentioned it was a shame there was no turbo or T-Tailed versions included. Within a matter of a couple of weeks, JF had posted on that thread here on Avsim saying they were patching the audio, which they did (twice - responding to feedback), and they then also announced they were going to add a T-Tail and Turbo expansion, which they did, and that came out a few weeks later, and there is also another expansion for it on the way as well. JF then emailed people who had bought the original Arrow, offering a substantial discount to people who had bought the original so they could add the turbo/T-Tail variants. Compare that level of service and care of customers to other developers and you can see which way the wind blows.

This is what sets a mediocre developer apart from a truly great one, and it's indicative of where JF are with their current development ethos, for example, they cancelled their Boeing 787 development because they decided it was not going to be able to match the standards they wanted to achieve. Recently, they also released their Trinidad and Tobago GA add-on which is of the same standard as their Piper Arrow.

Some of us have been aware for a long time just how great Just Flight are as not only a developer but also as a place to buy from, and it's with add-ons such as their Arrow that others are discovering that too.

When I bought Active Sky for P3D V4 today, I clicked on the 'buy now' button on HiFi's website, when I did that, it offered me several outlet links where I could get the thing from and also stated that prices might vary between sites. I didn't even bother to look at the price differences, I just went straight to the Just Flight link and bought it from them, that's what great customer service gets you and a few other developers and web stores could learn a lot from that.

• Upvote 9

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Panel and details look great. As good as any.

Toggle options for persistent panel, real engine management, check fuel, oil, battery levels and top them up if needed. Can kill the battery if not careful. Great sound of gyro spinning up. TSS sounds are great.

Interactive check list almost exact to real thing.

Flies nicely, my only criticism and for me it is a big one, when deploying flaps it noses down. One of the identifying features of this aircraft is that it balloons as you drop the first two stages of flap and it is very satisfying to counter it with yoke to stay perfectly level.

I saw this has been posted in the JF forums already. Another criticism over there was it accelerated too fast. I only did one take off so I won't comment either way on that but the flaps thing was something I was hoping would be right and was one of the reasons I wanted this aircraft.

The other two pa28s I sim fly are both Cherokees (a2a and vflyte in xplane) which pitch down but they are supposed to. 

Has anyone got the JF arrow? Does that balloon on flap extension? Pretty sure real arrows do.

More testing tomorrow but apart from the flaps it is great and will probably replace my Cherokee flying in sim. If they can fix the flaps it would be close to perfect.

Chris

Thanks for the feedback Chris. We are looking into it now. 

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

I agree with Alan that Just Flight go out of their way to help their customers, whether that is with discounts for upgrades from existing planes, or just acting on customer feedback with respect to adjustments or additional variants. It does them credit, and I am looking forward to seeing Martyn and the rest of the guys again at Cosford 2017 in October! :cool:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just another top notch a/c from Just Flight

Fly's like a dream in p3dv4