Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Got my eye on Just Flight Piper Warrior

Ok Just Flight, at risk of looking like I have too much time on my hands........:dry:

I noticed that the flap lever barely moves. In reality this moves through quite a large range, the problem with the yours at the moment is that you cannot tell at a glance what it is set to. This is a bigger deal that it sounds as it is very easy with a quick glance down to see what flap setting you have. In fact full flaps barely looks like it has moved.

I took this comparison in sim as I couldn't get out to take some actual pics this week...:angry:. Yes I know one is a Cherokee and one is a warrior but it illustrates the point very well.

Hope this helps although I'm starting to feel like a rivet counter now. Speaking of which, on the - never mind.:biggrin:

Also the throttle and mixture seems to pivot in an odd place so it doesn't smoothly slide up the quadrant (this really is being picky!!!). The last item I really don't care about and I doubt anyone else notices or cares either!

warriorflapscomp.jpg

Chris

• Upvote 2

Thanks Chris. We'll look into those now.

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

As far as I remember the PA-28-161-Warrior II is my only second buy of Just Flight. The previous one was Flying Club Archer III in 2010. I bought the Just Flight because the A2A Cherokee is a replica of a too much older model compared to the one I practised and will practise in real. This said, I would like to have a PA28 180 hp (instead of 161). On this point, my first "feeling" (I'm not test pilot at pilot) is that the 160 hp seems to be very powerfull. Too much ? It will have to get compared with other customer's feedback and investigate depending on environment (workload, weather, density altitude). Can't wait test the 160 hp on a hot summer in the Turbulent Designs L35 Big Bear scenery ;)

My (very early) Pros/Cons

(++) Great weathered cockpit and outstanding ambiance in Virtual Cockpit with TrackIR. Everything seems to be in place which means for a Piper hidden somewhere (fuel selector, rpm gauge). 

(-) Included liveries are all brand-new ;) The paintkit will be usefull for those with painted talent

(-) Compared to A2A preflight and hangar features, the checklist interface doesn't fit so good on my 4K monitor. A mix between scan paper and computer font which doesn't look much pro. Personnal taste only

(-) 160 hp ? Really ? Acceleration looks like a Cirrus SR22 (1 x POB and minimum fuel) ;) To be investigated

(-) Interactive check list is limited to before startup and startup. Wasn't expected much... wasn't disapointed much.

(--) Same feedback as Chris/Tutmeister regarding the flaps lever which move very little compared to the one I had in real world. Should be depending on generation/model ?

36072206212_934792021a_b_d.jpg

36238585625_eec2268145_b_d.jpg

36238586655_79b2be0832_b_d.jpg

36072208092_34ca0b3d0d_b_d.jpg

• Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

(-) Included liveries are all brand-new ;) The paintkit will be usefull for those with painted talent

We picked a random selection of liveries from around the world, with no preference for new or old (TBH, I have no idea how new the paint schemes are, apart from G-BOZI which was painted last year). They all feature the level of dirt and wear/tear shown on our reference photos, and I'm not sure how visibly old paint schemes tend to look? Even the 20 year old scheme on G-BOZI prior to be repainting looked quite clean/tidy from a typical FS viewing distance (not so much when you get up close on the walk-around inspection!). Anyway, I too look forward to seeing what people produce using the paint kit. As you can see from the cockpit, we like worn textures here at Just Flight.

(-) 160 hp ? Really ? Acceleration looks like a Cirrus SR22 (1 x POB and minimum fuel) ;) To be investigated

Our FDE developer is currently working with a couple of RW Warrior pilots to address feedback, including acceleration on takeoff.

(-) Interactive check list is limited to before startup and startup. Wasn't expected much... wasn't disappointed much.

This feature was created for the Arrow III because some users were having difficulty starting the engine. The rest of the checklist is pretty straightforward and didn't seem to warrant interactivity beyond the ability to check items off - which is available on all checklists. Let me know if you think any other checklists would benefit from being interactive though.

(--) Same feedback as Chris/Tutmeister regarding the flaps lever which move very little compared to the one I had in real world. Should be depending on generation/model ?

We're adjusting the animation now. Unfortunately we didn't have a suitable reference photo showing the amount of travel from fully up to fully down but we now have that information so it'll be a quick fix.

Great pics/video! 

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

• Upvote 2

Martyn - Just Flight

Thank you Martyn. I didn't expect this fast feedbacks and I don't want to give Just Flight the feeling I'm disapointed with the addon which is not the case. I should have minus minus these points regarding the (++) (ambiance in the cockpit) which was my initial 100% objectif when buying the Warrior.

I will give a second look regarding the livery. Maybe was I expecting too much and will share with you any other more experienced (these were really earlier feedbacks) return on experience.

PS : do you need pictures of the flaps lever range of movement in a real Warrior ? I have only easy access to a Archer II 180 hp.

p1al5fsnh772e4grrbpfmdjv6b.jpg

Source : https://www.avweb.com/news/features/piper-warrior-227575-1.html

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Instant buy and great to see fixes and updates due to feedback! Can I beg once again for an old model cockpit Pilatus PC-12 or a Cessna C208 supercargomaster. :-)

On 7/27/2017 at 6:10 PM, Chock said:

It is, in my opinion, one of the best recently-developed GA aeroplanes available. It is absolutely comparable to any other FS add-on out there, A2A or otherwise, and as far as FSX is concerned, you can add the plug in AccuFeel FSX add-on to it and have all of that A2A stuff in the Just Flight Arrow anyway.

I am sure it flies great, and looks fine, based on the reviews I've seen...

But let's get real here, installing Accufeel does not give an aircraft "all of that A2A stuff." Not even remotely close. Accufeel is simulated head movement and some additional audio fx. Accusim is an external flight model developed for a specific aircraft. It includes a maintenance hangar, persistent damage and wear over the lifetime of the aircraft, random failures, true audio captured for every switch and knob, and a deep integration between all of the aircraft systems. If you don't fly it proper, you will fail. A small detail, for instance, is that your spark plugs will foul if your mixture isn't set right at idle. One of countless things to consider when flying an A2A aircraft.

I'm not taking away from what Just Flight is offering here. Visually it's on par with A2A. Not quite as polished as Carenado stuff, in my opinion. But in no way, is it comparable to the overall quality and craftsmanship of an A2A aircraft. It's does not offer the depth of immersion.

5 hours ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

I am sure it flies great, and looks fine, based on the reviews I've seen...

But let's get real here, installing Accufeel does not give an aircraft "all of that A2A stuff." Not even remotely close. Accufeel is simulated head movement and some additional audio fx. Accusim is an external flight model developed for a specific aircraft. It includes a maintenance hangar, persistent damage and wear over the lifetime of the aircraft, random failures, true audio captured for every switch and knob, and a deep integration between all of the aircraft systems. If you don't fly it proper, you will fail. A small detail, for instance, is that your spark plugs will foul if your mixture isn't set right at idle. One of countless things to consider when flying an A2A aircraft.

I'm not taking away from what Just Flight is offering here. Visually it's on par with A2A. Not quite as polished as Carenado stuff, in my opinion. But in no way, is it comparable to the overall quality and craftsmanship of an A2A aircraft. It's does not offer the depth of immersion.

The JF Arrow also features spark plug fouling, vapour locking, limited battery life, airframe logging, a log book etc, etc, as do a lot of other add-ons (i.e. the outstanding Aerosoft Consoliated PBY Catalina is another, as are some of their GA aeroplanes),so  A2A's Accusim is not unique in that level of simulation realism.

In any case, I was merely pointing out that you can have Accufeel on the JF Arrow too if, you like, not that it is the same Accusim, it's merely that JF didn't give their similar features a brand name, nor make them an additional payware add-on, and one which puts their GA add-ons at nearly twice the price of the JF Arrow, which is another thing to consider.

I like A2A stuff as much as anyone, I've reviewed some of their stuff for Avsim a couple of times (their Curtiss P40, Shockwave Lights etc) and always really rated them, so much so that A2A even used a quote from one of my Avsim reviews on their main web page for years, something about 'quality being their hallmark' or some such if I recall correctly. But they do have equals and sometimes even stuff which has better features than their models, for example, the JF/AH Boeing B17F has consierably better texturing than the A2A B17G and there isn't much to choose between them in most other respects too, and again the price difference also favours the JF/AH one.

Nevertheless, I agree that A2A stuff is indeed great, which is why I cheerfully bought their Supermarine Spitfire, Boeing B17G Flying Fortress, Boeing B377 Stratocruiser, Vought Corsair, Piper Commanche etc, and like the JF Arrow and their equally great Trinidad and Tobago aeroplanes an Lionheart's Bellanca Viking, the A2A Piper Commanche is certainly among my favourie GA aeroplanes, so you can certainly number me among their fans, thus I don't disagree with you on that score at all. But...

As for Carenao's stuff being polished. You call this polished?...

v0zeQc9.png

And this?...

2YqiLQ7.png

And these are from version 1.3 of the thing, which was additionally patched to a P3 V4 installer. Yup, three patches, and an upated installer and they still couldn't even be arsed to correct typos on the cockpit tool tip pop ups nor the VC artwork for the ignition controls.

That's not my idea of polished and I don't imagine it is many other people's idea of it either. Neither is their customer support for that matter, I emailed them about these errors when the thing first came out and I even went to the trouble of sending them my own corrected artwork for that cockpit typo, so they didn't even have to lift a finger to correct that, other than to swap a tiny file in the installer, and that was months ago.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 7/27/2017 at 8:10 PM, Chock said:

It is, in my opinion, one of the best recently-developed GA aeroplanes available. It is absolutely comparable to any other FS add-on out there, A2A or otherwise, and as far as FSX is concerned, you can add the plug in AccuFeel FSX add-on to it and have all of that A2A stuff in the Just Flight Arrow anyway.

If you want to know how much Just Flight have raised the bar in terms of being a top notch developer, just check the history of threads about the Arrow right here on Avsim: When it was released, people were impressed, but had some minor gripes about the audio for the RPM settings and someone also mentioned it was a shame there was no turbo or T-Tailed versions included. Within a matter of a couple of weeks, JF had posted on that thread here on Avsim saying they were patching the audio, which they did (twice - responding to feedback), and they then also announced they were going to add a T-Tail and Turbo expansion, which they did, and that came out a few weeks later, and there is also another expansion for it on the way as well. JF then emailed people who had bought the original Arrow, offering a substantial discount to people who had bought the original so they could add the turbo/T-Tail variants. Compare that level of service and care of customers to other developers and you can see which way the wind blows.

This is what sets a mediocre developer apart from a truly great one, and it's indicative of where JF are with their current development ethos, for example, they cancelled their Boeing 787 development because they decided it was not going to be able to match the standards they wanted to achieve. Recently, they also released their Trinidad and Tobago GA add-on which is of the same standard as their Piper Arrow.

Some of us have been aware for a long time just how great Just Flight are as not only a developer but also as a place to buy from, and it's with add-ons such as their Arrow that others are discovering that too.

When I bought Active Sky for P3D V4 today, I clicked on the 'buy now' button on HiFi's website, when I did that, it offered me several outlet links where I could get the thing from and also stated that prices might vary between sites. I didn't even bother to look at the price differences, I just went straight to the Just Flight link and bought it from them, that's what great customer service gets you and a few other developers and web stores could learn a lot from that.

I agree. My experiences with JustFlight have been very good. I've bought numerous addons from them including in their JustTrains incarnation.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

When you compare Just Flight and A2A have a look at the unrealistic cockpit lightning in JF PA-28 Arrow and then in the A2A Commanche and you will see the total difference. Just Flight last Pipers are good in many ways but there aircraft cant compare to A2A.

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

It's not my place to get involved in the inevitable JF vs A2A debate, but I think it's also worth pointing out that the difference in feature sets is recognised in our chosen price-point. Personally I love A2A aircraft and honestly both of us have strengths and weaknesses. As a simmer myself, I'm just glad to have the choice of both classic and modern PA28s, although I'm looking forward to moving on from the PA28 family!

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

I wonder what the 33% price difference between the A2A 182 skylane at £37.80 and the Just flight Warrior at £27.99 makes,cant see how you can expect the same quality at a 33% lesser price point,not realistic,if it was the same price yes,but it is not,in my book Just Flight give excellent value and listen to their customers problems and improve/ alter the product if needed Quickly and you can download it at anytime again and again

Peter

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Chock said:

The JF Arrow also features spark plug fouling, vapour locking, limited battery life, airframe logging, a log book etc, etc, as do a lot of other add-ons (i.e. the outstanding Aerosoft Consoliated PBY Catalina is another, as are some of their GA aeroplanes),so  A2A's Accusim is not unique in that level of simulation realism.

In any case, I was merely pointing out that you can have Accufeel on the JF Arrow too if, you like, not that it is the same Accusim, it's merely that JF didn't give their similar features a brand name, nor make them an additional payware add-on, and one which puts their GA add-ons at nearly twice the price of the JF Arrow, which is another thing to consider.

Point taken and I admit I did not know this aircraft included all of those features. I regrettably made assumptions without doing the proper research. While I stand by my feelings about A2A - I think you just sold me on the Warrior. 

giphy.gif

Hi Martyn 

Couple more things. If I carry on like this you'll start to think i hate it! :)

Noticed that some of the fuses don't work. Off the top of my head the autopilot fuse doesn't switch off the autopilot.

Another thing I noticed was side slipping is pretty hard in this. It seems there is not enough rudder authority when slipping to maintain it. At risk of comparison arguments I'm hesitant to bring up a2a and vflyteair in xplane again but they are very close and you can maintain a sideslip for as long as you want.

In this you can't hold it for long as the roll overpowers the rudder.

Also sometimes on the ground I'm having to use full rudder one way or the other to keep straight, with and without power on. This is an occasional so I'm having trouble consistently replicating it.

Still loving it.

Chris

I'm interested in getting this plane, how does it compare to A2A 182/172 and realair lancair legacy in terms of general aviation vfr flying? Is this a good plane for sight seeing?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU