Sign in to follow this  
perry24

PMDG 737 FMC FAULT

I am running the PMDG 737 on FSX:SE

I have never had a problem with any PMDG products but for some reason this is playing up BIG TIME!

I start the plane in Cold and Dark and begin my preps.

Everything thing runs perfect until in enter my route plan.

I am doing a short test flight from EGNT-EGSS and enter all waypoint from PFPX, but as soon as I click execute on the FMC and get to the page where I have to enter my ZFW etc this is when it goes wrong.

Normally you can click on the ZFW box and it brings up your weight and then you click again to insert this, well I click is and nothing shows up at the bottom of the FMC, But I click it again and it inserts is, same when I enter my Cruising altitude I can type 160 and nothing shows, but it shows when I click enter, and then I can even go up to my Overhead and turn literally everything off (Ground power, APU, everything! ) and the whole aircraft stays powered, I can move switched etc but obviously nothing happens.

any help would be great!

9 minutes ago, perry24 said:

I am running the PMDG 737 on FSX:SE

I have never had a problem with any PMDG products but for some reason this is playing up BIG TIME!

I start the plane in Cold and Dark and begin my preps.

Everything thing runs perfect until in enter my route plan.

I am doing a short test flight from EGNT-EGSS and enter all waypoint from PFPX, but as soon as I click execute on the FMC and get to the page where I have to enter my ZFW etc this is when it goes wrong.

Normally you can click on the ZFW box and it brings up your weight and then you click again to insert this, well I click is and nothing shows up at the bottom of the FMC, But I click it again and it inserts is, same when I enter my Cruising altitude I can type 160 and nothing shows, but it shows when I click enter, and then I can even go up to my Overhead and turn literally everything off (Ground power, APU, everything! ) and the whole aircraft stays powered, I can move switched etc but obviously nothing happens.

any help would be great!

This sort of sounds like a problem with PFPX, not the FMC as in order for the FMC to load that information at the click of a button, the data itself has to be inserted by PFPX. Does this occur on other aircraft under the exact same process or just with the NGX?

I don't actually insert this data via PFPX, I basically just get the route plan, write it down and then close PFPX,

I the load up FSX and input this manually, Its only when I activate my route and go to the page where you enter ZFW, Altitude etc..

hope that helps

Also just a note its the PERF INIT PAGE on the fmc where things go wrong, I can even navigate around the cockpit so Its 100% something to do wither entering my route to then going to the perf page

2 minutes ago, perry24 said:

Also just a note its the PERF INIT PAGE on the fmc where things go wrong, I can even navigate around the cockpit so Its 100% something to do wither entering my route to then going to the perf page

You might want to try with the default panel state, just for troubleshooting purposes. See whether you can enter data normally this way. If so, it's possible your C&D panel state is corrupt.

Walter Meier

Perfect! I just tried it in the normal state and worked fine, so the cold and dark must be corrupt! thanks!

Also does anyone know why the Weather Panel doesn't work, for example you can click on anything or change gain, its as if its just for show ?

thanks!

2 hours ago, perry24 said:

Perfect! I just tried it in the normal state and worked fine, so the cold and dark must be corrupt! thanks!

Also does anyone know why the Weather Panel doesn't work, for example you can click on anything or change gain, its as if its just for show ?

thanks!

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules require our full names on all posts.  Also, it's always easier for others if you post NGX issues to the NGX subform.

There isn't a Weather Panel in the NGX, perhaps you mean the Weather Radar?  It functions, if there is rain.  What the controls do is in the FCOM.  For example the tilt doesn't change tilt in automatic tilt mode.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi again, yea what I mean is, I have active sky installed and works with every PMDG product, but what I mean is with the 737 where you select the WX buttons you cant click on the or nothing, its as if that part of the panel below the throttle is just for show, for example; you can click on any of the weather button or change gain and tilt (even though I wont need to as its automatic, this is just an example)

hope you can help

3 minutes ago, perry24 said:

Hi again, yea what I mean is, I have active sky installed and works with every PMDG product, but what I mean is with the 737 where you select the WX buttons you cant click on the or nothing, its as if that part of the panel below the throttle is just for show, for example; you can click on any of the weather button or change gain and tilt (even though I wont need to as its automatic, this is just an example)

hope you can help

Are you running the latest updates?

Please be aware as Dan pointed out, you need to sign all posts with your full name.