Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

HUGE MISTAKE!!!

2 minutes ago, vc10man said:

This deserves the 'Best Post of The Day' accolade.

Thanks fellas.  Sorry but I was in a major panic!

But I wonder shy I'm not getting email notifications from AVSIM like I always do, only ones I'm getting are from Kyle.  Never happened before.  I should have seen all your responses which are comical now.

You guys are a great bunch of fellas.

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, bernd1151 said:

You bet, my dear buddy, and maybe ORBX :cool:

Got that right Bernd.  Best combination in the flight sim world.

Jack Sawyer

3 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Sorry but I was in a major panic!

Yeah, that topic title was a wee hair-raising to say the least!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Got that right Bernd.  Best combination in the flight sim world.

Out of the many posters I see on various forums, your posts have often struck me as some of the most emotive (and human) and it makes you seem like a very genuine, likeable guy.

Very glad you got your problem sorted, and sincerely hope you enjoy your time with the 777 - it's a great plane :)

• Upvote 1

Mark Fox

Sitting in a candle lit long drop at 3am & ordering on a Mac is really pushing it Jack.:biggrin:

T45

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, markdf said:

Out of the many posters I see on various forums, your posts have often struck me as some of the most emotive (and human) and it makes you seem like a very genuine, likeable guy.

Very glad you got your problem sorted, and sincerely hope you enjoy your time with the 777 - it's a great plane :)

Mark, thank you, that's very kind of you to say.  Yes, I agree, I am emotive and go out of my to help others.  I can't help it, I do not like to see people suffer or in need.

Your words really touched my heart, I appreciate it.

Maybe it's the water in me.  Do a lot of creative writing, aviation comedy.

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Sitting in a candle lit long drop at 3am & ordering on a Mac is really pushing it Jack.:biggrin:

T45

I buy and do everything on the Mac, then take it to the PC in a thumb drive.  On the PC I don't have email or even surf the web, it's connected but only for AS weather, Chase Plane and Orbx.  I even buy Orbx stuff on the Mac at Orbx Direct then when I boot the PC it's there waiting for me in Central, in fact after this 777 was sorted out I bought the new SA L/C.

The PC is only for P3D, nothing else, no writing, no surfing, email, nothing.

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Mark, thank you, that's very kind of you to say.  Yes, I agree, I am emotive and go out of my to help others.  I can't help it, I do not like to see people suffer or in need.

Your words really touched my heart, I appreciate it.

Maybe it's the water in me.  Do a lot of creative writing, aviation comedy.

Whatever the reason is, it's always refreshing to have the pleasure of someone like you who takes such a positive attitude to everything

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I buy and do everything on the Mac, then take it to the PC in a thumb drive.  On the PC I don't have email or even surf the web, it's connected but only for AS weather, Chase Plane and Orbx.  I even buy Orbx stuff on the Mac at Orbx Direct then when I boot the PC it's there waiting for me in Central, in fact after this 777 was sorted out I bought the new SA L/C.

The PC is only for P3D, nothing else, no writing, no surfing, email, nothing.

A quite wise policy, that would do a lot to stop the computer slowing down or getting clogged up from all the normal stuff that accumulates over time on Windows - if I had a spare machine that was good enough, I'd definitely consider setting it aside as a pure flight sim machine

• Upvote 1

Mark Fox

42 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

You have no idea how much of a relief this for me AND the wife!

You tell your wife?!!!!

That's the real mistake, right there!

1 minute ago, junkyspam7 said:

You tell your wife?!!!!

That's the real mistake, right there!

LOL!  She knows and approves this message! :biggrin:

Jack Sawyer

Indeed, nothing gets bought here without spousal approval.  I value my quality of life too much!

Mark Fox

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Not gonna lie, I came into this thread expecting someone to be screaming at PMDG about something bases on the title but was pleasantly surprised given how most topics with that sort of title end up going... I'm glad that Kyle is making it right, that's what you get for trying to buy a PMDG product on a Mac anyway!😂

Was expecting someone saying not going to XP11 is a big mistake :P

• Upvote 1