Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarkM

Capt Sim 757?

"Oh goodie! Another "my favorite payware is better than your payware" post."lol you said a mouthfull there.Just get what you like, in the end its the buyers choice not ours.Gary HayesLevel-D Simulations Development TeamNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..Radeon X850XT 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

> I own the CS Hercules and I believe when they release the>757 you will>see that the systems and model surpass the LD.>> ceAnd how much real world C-130 experience do you have to make tha claim?My mony is on LDSCheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpg

Guest TRK3586

The choice is clear for me--LDS 757. I'm sure the CS 757 will be quite nice as well, but that whole operation is just a little shady in my eyes. I keep thinking that one day, we'll all wake up, and they will have just vanished. I agree with previous poster about the PSS 757 compared to the CS 757...wowTim

As soon as one of these companies makes their aircraft compatible with GoFlight hardware out of the box, without my having to jump through FSUIPC key-mapping and programming hoops, I'll bite. It's not the money, it's the inconvenience. I dont want to fly with a mouse and a keyboard. I'm not a real-world airline pilot, so cold and dark just holds no interest for me. Plus, when I fly, I'm trying to relax a little, not get might heart racing in anticipation of fuel system problems, sudden decompression, or an electrical failure. H*ll, by the time the kids are asleep and I get a chance to fly, I can barely stay awake for a 3 or 400 nm mile flight let alone 90 minutes of pre-flight! I'm amazed anyone outside of a real airline pilot-in-training would be into that level of realism. These planes are all nice to look at and use in screenshots, to be sure, I even have a few of them. Except for the PMDG 737, I rarely fly them. The POSKY planes and Ken Mitchell's 757 panel seems to be more than enough to keep me interested. But to each their own.It's great to have the variety and diversity.http://www.graphics-free.com/animations/tr...ges/plane_6.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest Len

Funny most guys who know about a real 727 have nothing but dust collecting on their CS 727s. Who cares about bashing? If you make a kite out of rock then people might say something about how it does not work like a real kite! (Not saying CS made a rock or a kite but you get the picture).If you want a great model of a 727 look no further than Flight 1's/DreamFleet 727, this IS the standard but there are always those guys who just love to flu from spot view and could care less about what it's based upon.I have DF's 727. I could start DF's 727 because I was able to start CS's model from cold and dark. Like I said Capt. Sim's systems are just fine thank you absent your pretentious expertise. The main problem I had with Capt Sim's was not their systems but the flight model which needed various user modifications to fly. Capt Sim's 727 had a very nice rating from this site and other sites as well. Maybe you're too proud of a member of that beta team for your own good.

Guest Mark McG

Alex the LDS 767 is already Go-Flight compatible.

The LD767 is GoFlight Compatible? Hmmm.....I may take a look..though I like the sexy lines of the 757 much better. Hey what's the link to their site?Thanks,http://www.graphics-free.com/animations/tr...ges/plane_6.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest MarkM

>Capt Sim has no problems with implementing "systems". Their>727 surely showed that and then their C-130. That in combo>with their usually geat outside models and beautiful panels>insures that it will be a winner. Other negative comments>usually evince an agenda at Capt Sim bashing.Quite true!

Alex,On the paper it is compatible but in reality it works for some and not for others. I do have among other goflight modules the GF-MCP and (of course) the Level-D but the problem I have and share with others (but not everyone) is that when I turn a dial the value switches to the default value if I turn the dial again. Say that I change the altitude from 10,000 to 12,000 and if I touch the dial again to increase to 13,000, the value jumps back to 10,000.But this really isn't something that should stop you from getting the Level-D! :) It's one magnificent airplane and up there in the top together with PMDG 747 and PMDG 737, Fligh1 ATR72 and some more.One wonderful airplane that is fully compatible with the goflight MCP is the Aeroworx Beech King air 200. You really really don't want to be without that one! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Krister:Thank you so much for the run-down. You've peaked my interest, that's for sure!Regards,http://www.graphics-free.com/animations/tr...ges/plane_6.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Thanks John. http://www.graphics-free.com/animations/tr...ges/plane_6.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Well H@#ll's Bells, $40.00 dollars later and after much excited anticipation, once again the GoFlight stuff doesn't work really at all! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......never again......man, does that upset me. It's back to the POSKY planes for me. What good is the realistic systems if I have to use the mouse and keyboard to access them. Angry Camper, http://www.graphics-free.com/animations/tr...ges/plane_6.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Alex,You might want to check this thread out at the official support FAQ section, pretty much solves the problems you describe afaik:http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=7415&PN=1AND also, if you want added functionality to your GF gear, read this thread carefully.http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=9101&PN=1All kinds of goodies are waiting, if you just take the time to investigate things a little further :-).rgds,Tero

PPL(A)

It's always amazing to see three developers coming out with the same type of add-on. The reason behind this is completely beyond me. Don't we have other airlines that would need attention - Airbus, 717, BBJ, or maybe even a 2nd CRJ, ERJ. Hint?At least, I'll generate a lot of interest within the community of which one could, would, should be "the best" and could, would, should "suck".Apparently some people already made up their minds before even one product has hit the shelves and favor a company that has come out with exactly ONE single product and that does not have a track record of a continous quality.Wow, talking about a community that appreciates that we have a choice of multiple products. I have less selection in the grocery store for different brands of tomato paste than chosing a 757 add-on.Pat