Sign in to follow this  
Turlad

Intermittent sounds and background sounds

I've noticed a slight problem with some of the sounds that seem to be missing or intermittent. The sounds for the armrest folding and stowing the engineers seat don't play for me at all. The sound files are in the sim folder. Also, the parking brake on/off sound plays on a somewhat random basis. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Anyone else noticed this?

Also regarding sounds, is it correct that there's almost no ambient sound in the flight deck with no engines running. Turn the electrics on and we hear almost nothing. Should there not be some kind of background 'buzz', maybe from the flight instrument inverters and gyros? I may be wrong, maybe it's accurate. I guess we've become used to a rich and multi layered sound environment with all of PMDG's products so far.

Thanks

Adam Turley

16 hours ago, Turlad said:

I've noticed a slight problem with some of the sounds that seem to be missing or intermittent. The sounds for the armrest folding and stowing the engineers seat don't play for me at all. The sound files are in the sim folder. Also, the parking brake on/off sound plays on a somewhat random basis. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Anyone else noticed this?

Also regarding sounds, is it correct that there's almost no ambient sound in the flight deck with no engines running. Turn the electrics on and we hear almost nothing. Should there not be some kind of background 'buzz', maybe from the flight instrument inverters and gyros? I may be wrong, maybe it's accurate. I guess we've become used to a rich and multi layered sound environment with all of PMDG's products so far.

Sounds like you might not have your sound devices set up in Win or the sim. We do randomize the sounds a bit, though.

Kyle Rodgers

57 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Sounds like you might not have your sound devices set up in Win or the sim. We do randomize the sounds a bit, though.

Would this be the issue if all other sounds in FSX, PMDG add ons included, work correctly? I'll have a look. 

Randomise to play or not to play? hmmmmm....I know the 777 and 747 have alternate sounds for each button press, does the DC-6 have this as well?

Adam Turley