Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

Crashing P3D V4 on touchdown

I'm having a recurrent problem with the DC-6: on touchdown the P3D crashes... it happens in various airports... I unistalled and instaled again the P3D V4, but the problem continues... As far as I know, this only happoens with the DC-6, not with the NGX or with any other add-on... SOmeone experiencing the same problem?

10 minutes ago, teopereira said:

I'm having a recurrent problem with the DC-6: on touchdown the P3D crashes... it happens in various airports... I unistalled and instaled again the P3D V4, but the problem continues... As far as I know, this only happoens with the DC-6, not with the NGX or with any other add-on... SOmeone experiencing the same problem?

Do you have crash detect turned off in P3D?  Why do you uninstall/install?  That is not the way to troubleshoot a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

17 minutes ago, downscc said:

Do you have crash detect turned off in P3D?  Why do you uninstall/install?  That is not the way to troubleshoot a problem.

No, my "crash detection" is off... I did an "uninstall/install" to see whether this problem disapeared... but it continues...

Just now, teopereira said:

No, my "crash detection" is off... I did an "uninstall/install" to see whether this problem disapeared... but it continues...

No surprise there, it should only be done when specifically told to do so by tech support.

No one else has reported a similar problem, so we are trying to figure out what in your configuration is cause the crash. Please be more specific, is it the airplane crashing (with crash detection off) or is P3D crashing? Do you have any application error reports that provide information on the crash such as faulting module?  Have you verified that P3D sounds are set to the same sound device as Windows?

Dan Downs KCRP

13 minutes ago, downscc said:

No surprise there, it should only be done when specifically told to do so by tech support.

No one else has reported a similar problem, so we are trying to figure out what in your configuration is cause the crash. Please be more specific, is it the airplane crashing (with crash detection off) or is P3D crashing? Do you have any application error reports that provide information on the crash such as faulting module?  Have you verified that P3D sounds are set to the same sound device as Windows?

When the DC-6 touches the runway, the P3D freezes and after some 30 seconds the P3D crashes... this doesn't happen always, but at least 80% of the times... And this problem happens only with the DC-6...

1 hour ago, downscc said:

No one else has reported a similar problem,

Dan,

FYI.  There are several of us who have experienced this problem.  I have opened a ticket.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

8 hours ago, downscc said:

Well, just a couple of posts up the list, there are many reports of the same problem: 

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I also had this CTD on landing with the DC6 on 2 or 3 flights. I would like to know if people who are having this CTD are also using FTX Vector ? Because last night I uninstalled Vector and made a complete flight until parking at destination without the CTD. I have noticed that the CTD began to occur since I installed Vector. I would like to be sure if it was Vector who was responsible for the CTD on landing. In the event log of WIN10 I saw an error about API.DLL.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

vpa055.png

My error, I didn't notice the reports from others.  I like the direction Stephane is taking with this, since there are several of you reporting this problem find out what you have in common.  I am using Vector and I do not have this problem BUT when I ran the Vector AEC tool I used makerwys to create a temporary scenery.cfg file for the AEC tool to use.  It does not scan the add-ons as it should per SDK and Orbx admits to this and says fix is on the way.  I don't expect it to be Vector but the ones with the problem need to figure that out.

Dan Downs KCRP