Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

PTA and PTAbsolute

Good day all.

I am new to PTA so I am still learning. I found in TOGA project website a software PTAbsolute. From the website:

"PTAbsolute is a visual enhancement package for Prepar3D v4 to be used with PTA (Prepar3D Tweak Assistant) by Simtweaks or as free standalone product."

I watched on YouTube that it looks like PTA and does the same/similar things. So what is the benefit, if any, to use PTAbsolute and does it work with PTA?

Thx for looking. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

PTAbsolute is a set of shaders that you can plug in to PTA and inject into the sim to change its look.  Some people like them, some don't.  You can also make your own presets by using PTA, but it can be a time-consuming process because you have to restart the sim after every change you make.  In any case, being able to use different shaders can dramatically improve the look and feel of the sim, and there are plenty of presets out there to choose from.

Thanks for the reply. I just bought PTA and trying to make it work. While searching for presets I also found people recommend  PTAbsolute and ENVTEX. Just trying to figure out how it all work together. 

Thx again. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.