Sign in to follow this  
SimPilot221

Night Sky in P3Dv3

Is there a mod to make the lighting more...realistic? I mean so that it's much, much darker - like XPLANE?

Thank you.

The PTA tool will get the job done for you.  I have a preset done by 'Thopat' and night looks great IMO.  There are plenty of settings you can tweak though to get things how you want. I did adjust a few things to my liking but a good preset will get you started. I have a nice dark sky, dark VC and bright 3d ground lighting.....my night looks about as good as XP11. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

46 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

The PTA tool will get the job done for you.  I have a preset done by 'Thopat' and night looks great IMO.  There are plenty of settings you can tweak though to get things how you want. I did adjust a few things to my liking but a good preset will get you started. I have a nice dark sky, dark VC and bright 3d ground lighting.....my night looks about as good as XP11. 

Freeware, please.

Don't wanna be milked for cash any longer.

PTA is free for v3, the payware version is for v4 - and totally worth it, btw.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

16 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

PTA is free for v3, the payware version is for v4 - and totally worth it, btw.

I can't find it anywhere! Link pl0x?

I may have to check this out for v4.  I keep hearing good things.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals