Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

MyTraffic 6 and P3D v4 Question

So I have MT 6 up and running in P3D v4.  My question is in regards to the amount of parked vs moving/airborne traffic.  I have my Airline slider around 22%.  I just landed in DFW around 11pm EST and nearly every single gate was taken.  I kept scrolling through the GSX menu to find one available.  Finally an aircraft pushed back and I was able to take its gate.  For the amount of traffic I see thats just parked, how come I'm not seeing much airborne?  It seems these aircraft never push back and its extremely rare to see one arrive.  I was previously using UT2 in P3d v3.4 and it seemed to be a bit more balanced.  It was just a bit of work to get it working and now that Im getting back in to P3D in v4 I didn't feel like going through the work to get cargo airlines back, ect.  (I formatted and decided to start from scratch just before v4 came out.  Didn't back up the traffic, whoops!).

Is this normal to have every gate packed with sliders at only 22%?  This seems like an excessive amount of traffic at the gate with not much going on in the air or even taxiing about.  When I use the right click, Air traffic menu I am able to find a few flights moving about so it looks like all is working.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

If you cannot find a parking slot, how should ai? I think I have read somewhere that ai a/c were removed on approach when no parking  is available. Reduce your settings a bit to 18 or 15. At some airports 20 is already too much, though, at other airports it can be set much higher (up to 40) to get a reasonable amount of moving ai traffic.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, pegruder said:

I just landed in DFW around 11pm EST and nearly every single gate was taken.  I kept scrolling through the GSX menu to find one available.  Finally an aircraft pushed back and I was able to take its gate.  For the amount of traffic I see thats just parked, how come I'm not seeing much airborne?  It seems these aircraft never push back

If you ever go to some of these hubs, like KDFW at that hour in the night, you will indeed see a lot of aircraft parked and no pushing back. Just because it's an international airport, doesn't necessarily mean that flights come in and going out are nonstop 24/7. You can verify this and other large airports by going to Flightaware and looking at the activity during the late evening into very early morning hours and not much is going to be coming or going except some cargo traffic and the occasional international arrival or departure.

Most of the flights that arrive late sit over night until their next departure in the morning, so you'll either have to lower the traffic settings or use the Traffic Zapper feature in FSUIPC to zap a few aircraft out to make a space to park.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I got ya - makes sense.  Just seemed out of place with such a low traffic percentage.  I mainly wanted to make sure I didn't have anything messed up!  Thanks for confirming, I'll try the lower settings.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

9 hours ago, pegruder said:

So I have MT 6 up and running in P3D v4.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to talk me through installing it in my P3Dv4. Tried it last night bit I try to point to the the P3Dv3 location it flags up in the small dialogue box,' Not found'. It finds the FSX-SE which I have ditched but is still on my hard drive.

i tried to follow Elaine's Guide but that's where I ground to a halt.

17 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to talk me through installing it in my P3Dv4. Tried it last night bit I try to point to the the P3Dv3 location it flags up in the small dialogue box,' Not found'. It finds the FSX-SE which I have ditched but is still on my hard drive.

Are you trying in v3 or v4?  Maybe I got lucky as the only sim I have installed currently is v4?  I don't remember having to do much to get it going.  Ill have to walk through the install again tonight to see what I remember and figure out the quirks again.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Just now, pegruder said:

Are you trying in v3 or v4?

Only have P3Dv4 installed. I had it working flawlessly in FSX-SE, but as I have got rid of that platform(well, it's uninstalled via my Steam account, but there are some folders left in its directory), and  I would like it to work now in P3Dv4, if possible.

3 hours ago, 4L0M said:

Have you read through this thread for your answer regarding MT6 and P3D v4 :

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/515384-mytraffic-often-no-response-to-atc/?

Some planes can't Taxi, take off / land if they can't hear the clearance from ATC.

Cheers !

Thanks for this - I wonder if this might be part of it actually.  I did notice there were a bunch of gates that said would be available soon x minutes.  The minutes value kept increasing (which I believe is the amount that flight was delayed).  I wonder if thats the case because they cant respond to ATC.  Ill double check tonight when I get in.  If thats the case I wonder if I could probably throw a python script together to update the missing section to make it quick and streamlined.  I imagine it would be quite a task to perform manually.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

This quote from Maarten, the author of SimLauncherX may give you an automated solution to the problem ...

You can use my SimLauncherX application to remove the FS9 models from the respective aircraft.cfg files and add a [Radios] section if needed. You can download the latest version here <https://www.dropbox.com/s/x84j5wsd7ps412m/SimLauncherX.msi?dl=0>.

Here's a screenshot <http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/07/20/SimLauncherX-311.jpg>. (inserting an image does not seem to work right now).

thanks, Maarten.

Regards,

Paul.

Paul Davies.

9 hours ago, Simjockey said:

This quote from Maarten, the author of SimLauncherX may give you an automated solution to the problem ...

You can use my SimLauncherX application to remove the FS9 models from the respective aircraft.cfg files and add a [Radios] section if needed. You can download the latest version here <https://www.dropbox.com/s/x84j5wsd7ps412m/SimLauncherX.msi?dl=0>.

Here's a screenshot <http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/07/20/SimLauncherX-311.jpg>. (inserting an image does not seem to work right now).

thanks, Maarten.

Regards,

Paul.

Sweet!  This seems like it saves me creating a script to do this myself.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

This looks like the fix.  There is a bunch of activity now on my saved flight for the same time.  Ill do more testing but this seems to have done the trick!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

16 hours ago, vc10man said:

So i double checked out I installed.  I didn't use the MT Communicator.  I only ran the install, chose a directory, loaded P3D.  Went in to the scenery config in P3D directly.  World ~ Scenery Library.  I clicked add area, browse, and chose my MT directory.  (For me it was D:\MyTraffic Pro\My Traffic).  Note, I only highlighted the My traffic directory within the root My Traffic Pro directory, then clicked ok.  Pretty sure that's all I did.  Set your traffic sliders accordingly and your all set.  Optional, you can rename the stock traffic bgl file.  Hope that helps.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS