Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

[Resolved] MyTraffic 6 Not working Prepar3D v4

5 hours ago, Poppet said:

Hello Rick

The below link will cover Prepar3D v3 & v4.  Both methods are Included,  the old way and the add-on.xml method 

The add-on.xml file is recommended for best results the link is at the top of the Topic  

MyTraffic 6a Prepar3D v3 & v4

Hi Elaine

I tried to follow your guide, but when I try to use the MT6 Communicator/Manage Prepar3Dv2/v3, it brings up a message in the dialogue box 'Not Installed'. Where do I go next? I have checked and verified that I do have MT6a and most certainly have P3Dv4, and ran MT6a as Admin.

Any help appreciated.

20 hours ago, vc10man said:

I tried to follow your guide

Hello Rick

There is no need to use the MyTraffic 6 communicator as it wont work properly with Prepar3D v4 

Can you confirm what method you would like to use,  The add-on.xml method OR the old way using the Prepar3D scenery library and the Simobjects.cfg file ? 

Hi Elaine

Many thanks. I did not hold out much hope of seeing you surface today, and was hoping I might get an answer from you sometime when you were free, as I know you are busy in this Forum.

I thought your Guide did advocate using the Communicator method which is why I tried it.

I uninstalled it first to remove any links to FSX-SE, and reinstalled it after cleaning the Registry.

Any method will do me that you think is suitable, just as long as I can get MT6 in P3Dv4. I leave it to your expertise to chose, and I'll try and follow your instructions.

Hello Rick

We can try the new add-on.xml file method  (Post below)  This is a very clean way of adding MyTraffic 6 to Prepar3D v4.  We Do Not use the MyTraffic Communicator or we do not Manually add any entries to either the Simobjects.cfg file or adding the scenery through the Prepar3D Scenery Library.    

Also read the Additional Information at the bottom of the post 

Let me know how you get on 

Elaine , can you tells me if there is a work around for having military  a/c with my traffic 6 instead of having to deactivate the trafficmil BGL file. We used to have it

before P3D V4 and the crashes.

Thanks

Nelson

On 28/07/2017 at 10:41 PM, Poppet said:

Hello Rick

We can try the new add-on.xml file method  (Post below)  This is a very clean way of adding MyTraffic 6 to Prepar3D v4.  We Do Not use the MyTraffic Communicator or we do not Manually add any entries to either the Simobjects.cfg file or adding the scenery through the Prepar3D Scenery Library.    

Also read the Additional Information at the bottom of the post 

Let me know how you get on 

Hi Elaine

Followed your instructions letter-by-letter-word-by-word.

Opened P3Dv4, and but it does not display that screen asking to enable My Traffic. Uninstalled MT6, did a re-boot after a Registry clean-out of leftovers; re-installed. Tried again----no dice!

20 hours ago, nels161 said:

Elaine , can you tells me if there is a work around for having military  a/c with my traffic 6 instead of having to deactivate the trafficmil BGL file. We used to have it

before P3D V4 and the crashes.

Hello Nelson

Maybe somebody else could confirm but I really don't think there is a suitable work around to have the Military aircraft as they are the older FS9 military models

33 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Followed your instructions letter-by-letter-word-by-word.

Opened P3Dv4, and but it does not display that screen asking to enable My Traffic. Uninstalled MT6, did a re-boot after a Registry clean-out of leftovers; re-installed. Tried again----no dice!

Hello Rick

For future reference there is No need to Uninstall MyTraffic 6 as i am pretty sure your Issue is a small one 

First confirm your add-on.xml file is actually saved as an .xml file and not still as a Tex Document ?  Insure you have the box Un-Ticked just like the Image shows below in File Explorer Options  

Un-Tick the Box and click Apply

Then go back and Insure your add-on.xml is this add-on.xml  Maybe it says this add-on.xml.txt ?

If so just remove the .txt and Save it,  Then launch Prepar3D and test,  Let me know how you get on 

35000883950_2eed3aafbf_o.png

If this is not your Issue,  Can you Copy and Paste the complete entry from your add-on.xml file into your next post and i will have a look at it for you 

Hi Elaine

Now I know why you are such a genius!

That did the trick. Silly me, did not save as an .xml file. That's what happens when distracted by Irish ceilidh music on RTE.

Thanks, once more.

• Upvote 1

I've been using the included Military AI in MT6 for FSX:Steam, P3Dv3, and now in P3Dv4.  They don't cause a problem as in CTD's, etc.  I'm fairly certain they were upgraded a long time ago from the old FS9 models, or the developer would have been catching holy heck from people's sims crashing all the time.

FS9 models that end up causing the sim crashes are USUALLY part of other scenery addons from long ago, like Tongass Fjords or similar.  There are some FS9 models in those older addons that people are installing in P3Dv4, and unless THOSE FS9 AI are removed, the sim will crash.  It's not (shouldn't be) any MT6 Military AI causing it, or everybody's MT6 install in P3Dv4 would be crashing.  Obviously, that isn't happening.

Rick Ryan

12 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

I've been using the included Military AI in MT6 for FSX:Steam, P3Dv3, and now in P3Dv4.  They don't cause a problem as in CTD's, etc.  I'm fairly certain they were upgraded a long time ago from the old FS9 models, or the developer would have been catching holy heck from people's sims crashing all the time.

FS9 models that end up causing the sim crashes are USUALLY part of other scenery addons from long ago, like Tongass Fjords or similar.  There are some FS9 models in those older addons that people are installing in P3Dv4, and unless THOSE FS9 AI are removed, the sim will crash.  It's not (shouldn't be) any MT6 Military AI causing it, or everybody's MT6 install in P3Dv4 would be crashing.  Obviously, that isn't happening.

No problems with FSX or P3DV3 but major problems with V4.  Here is the link to the AI that is not compatible (11th or 12th post) - https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/515384-mytraffic-often-no-response-to-atc/?

Since removing these incompatible AI, my CTD's (StackHashes) and major stuttering in P3Dv4 has stopped.  I have also been able to reenable trafficmil.bgl.

It is doubtful MyTrafficX will be updated as the developer has been reported as seriously ill and will probably not be developing MyTrafficX in the future.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

I understand, but the issue you mention has nothing to do with the AI being FS9 incompatible.  It was solely due to some of the AI files not having the "Radios" entry in them. Yes, LM's changes to P3Dv4 then caused a problem with those AI. 

I was responding to Elaine's post that MT6 contained military AI that were still FS9 models, and THAT would cause the entire MT6 to not work unless the entire Military.BGL file was disabled.  That isn't and never was true, or else MT6 would have never worked in FSX, P3Dv3, or P3Dv4.   

Rick Ryan

29 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

I understand, but the issue you mention has nothing to do with the AI being FS9 incompatible.  It was solely due to some of the AI files not having the "Radios" entry in them. Yes, LM's changes to P3Dv4 then caused a problem with those AI. 

This is incorrect.  Lack of radio entries was just part of the post.  If you read the whole post, it includes aircraft made for FS9 that are not compatible with P3DV4.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ahhh, true.  You are correct.  Problem was those FS9 AI were identified a long time ago (I forget in what forum) and I had already removed them.  Or else I wouldn't have been able to use MT6 as far back as in FSX (using schedules that would have called them). 

It would be a problem for brand new MT6 users who had never installed MT6 before.  They wouldn't have even encountered the "Radio ATC" issue cos MT6 would have crashed their sim before they probably even noticed the "radio" problem.

But still (again) I was just trying to correct Elaine's statement that implied ALL the military AI aircraft in MT6 were old FS9 models, and therefor the entire BGL file would have to be inactivated (she did ask in her post if anybody knew differently to say so).

Rick Ryan

7 hours ago, FalconAF said:

It would be a problem for brand new MT6 users who had never installed MT6 before.  They wouldn't have even encountered the "Radio ATC" issue cos MT6 would have crashed their sim before they probably even noticed the "radio" problem.

Totally agree.  I've had MyTraffic from Day One and never started seeing problems until the release of MT6 and P3D.  I thought all of the AI developed in the FS9 days had been removed until I saw the topic about the missing radio entries and the incompatible AI.  Think it is one of the most important posts since P3D was first released as many members have suffered unexplained StackHash, NTDLL, and Kernelbase.dll errors and I think this is the fix.  The incompatible AI do not cause crashes all of the time and that's why it was hard to diagnose.  I think everyone has to be wary of old textures from pre-FSX days and some members still use aircraft made for FS9.

I intend to put the fix into the AVSIM CTD Guide.  I moved all of the incompatible aircraft to a folder in the MyTrafficX folder called "Not_V4_Compatible_Aircraft" (great name for the folder huh? :rolleyes: Thought of it myself...).  It was a good thing I did not just delete them as I was still getting periodic StackHash errors and stuttering and decided to verify the aircraft I removed was correct and I messed up by moving a couple of compatible AI to the folder and left a couple of incompatible AI still in use.  Fixed that and have not seen anymore problems.

7 hours ago, FalconAF said:

But still (again) I was just trying to correct Elaine's statement that implied ALL the military AI aircraft in MT6 were old FS9 models, and therefor the entire BGL file would have to be inactivated (she did ask in her post if anybody knew differently to say so).

That's good you corrected Elaine's comments.  The fact many were told to deactivate the trafficmil.bgl in MT6 probably made many assume the .bgl contained incompatible objects and I'm sure others have stated so on other websites.  It would be nice if we could get a talented member to fix the incompatible AI as they probably have flightplans they need to follow and the aircraft are no longer there to fly the plans. Not sure if the developer will be back to fix these issues.  I'm hoping some of the AFCAD's included in MyTrafficX/Scenery do not contain pre-FSX objects too and cause issues when one flies into a region that has that .bgl.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I moved all of the incompatible aircraft to a folder in the MyTrafficX folder called "Not_V4_Compatible_Aircraft" (great name for the folder huh? :rolleyes: Thought of it myself...). 

LMAO!  We need T-Shirts.  I created a folder in MyTraffic called "Duplicate AFCADS Go Here" and moved many of the default MT6 ones there so they wouldn't duplicate other 3rd party payware airports I have, ORBX freeware airports, etc, etc.  I've also already used the new version of Airport Design Editor to modify many of the MT6 AFCADS (or other downloaded ones from sites like AVSIM) to better address AI parking codes, etc.  My "Duplicate AFCADS Go Here" folder is pretty close to containing more of the original MT6 AFCADs than are left in the "MyTraffic/Scenery" folder.  :laugh:

Rick Ryan