Sign in to follow this  
pinkeysome1

FMC Freeze

25 minutes ago, pinkeysome1 said:

I was in flight and i can't click on anything on my fms i have some pics.

http://prntscr.com/g19j0h

http://prntscr.com/g19j35

http://prntscr.com/g19j5w

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums. Please be aware that PMDG require full names - first and last - in the forums.

In regards to your issue, are you running the latest version of the 747 as per the operations centre?

Just now, pinkeysome1 said:

Yes i am, It happens in the 777 but i can fix that one.

What do you normally do to fix the 777?

Please, full names in the forums.

I do the BRT +- and that works but on 747 it does not have that i spamed the buttons on it and nothing. How do i use my fullname?

Anthony Taylor

1 minute ago, pinkeysome1 said:

I do the BRT +- and that works but on 747 it does not have that i spamed the buttons on it and nothing. How do i use my fullname?

It's odd that you're getting the issue in both the 777 and 747, you shouldn't be getting any freezes so I think we need to look at both issues.

When you last updated both aircraft, did you uninstall the old versions before installing the new versions?

You can either write it at the bottom of every post, or add it to your signature by clicking your user name in the top right and clicking account settings.

I really don't remember the last time i updated it does not happen a lot like very rearly but i never had it in 747 but in the 777 it's easy to fix.

Anthony Taylor

11 minutes ago, pinkeysome1 said:

I really don't remember the last time i updated it does not happen a lot like very rearly but i never had it in 747 but in the 777 it's easy to fix.

Can you run the operations centre as admin and let it check for any updates. It still shouldn't happen in the 777 even if it is easy to fix, we want to make sure it never happens.

Ok it says it up to date but i am trying to figure out my the 747 is freezeing i am in flight. Like i can't click on anything in the FMC.

Anthony Taylor

3 minutes ago, pinkeysome1 said:

Ok it says it up to date but i am trying to figure out my the 747 is freezeing i am in flight. Like i can't click on anything in the FMC.

Hi Anthony,

Just an observation: I think quite a bit of data is missing from the Progress page, like ETA and fuel at next waypoint and destination. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

6 minutes ago, pinkeysome1 said:

It has been like that for most of the flight so about 3 hours or so.

Just to confirm, it's not like that from the very beginning?

6 minutes ago, pinkeysome1 said:

Yes there is I can't click on anything I don't know why it's like that.

Since it is following VNAV and step climbs, you probably entered all the performance and flight plan data OK.

There are really quite a few possible sources. 

1) A corrupt panel state - did you start this flight from a saved flight, or use a panel state left over from an  older version of the 747?

2) Did you completely uninstall the previous version before installing the current version, as Chris asked?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2