Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[28JUL17] Updates for 737, 747, 777 and (finally!) the PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion is available!

A question if I may.  Maybe it is dealt with somewhere, but I can't find it.

Do I have to completely uninstall all my PMDG installations before reinstalling with the new updates?  Repair does not seem to work.  Gives an error:

"Feature Transfer Error

Feature FSX Version: Original Microsoft Product

Component: Ops Center

File <FOLDER_SIM2>\

Error: The filename,directory name or volume label is incorrect"

6 minutes ago, hermannk1 said:

A question if I may.  Maybe it is dealt with somewhere, but I can't find it.

Do I have to completely uninstall all my PMDG installations before reinstalling with the new updates?  Repair does not seem to work.  Gives an error:

"Feature Transfer Error

Feature FSX Version: Original Microsoft Product

Component: Ops Center

File <FOLDER_SIM2>\

Error: The filename,directory name or volume label is incorrect"

Yes you must uninstall fully then reinstall. Never update via repair

Love the "NGX Geek Out Facts" text doc that is included in the 'PMDG_737_8900_P3D.ZIP' file.  I'm guessing its been there since the beginning?...not sure how I missed it until now! 

Great job with the conversion guys.....and to quote Bobby R....I'm gonna..."Touch wood, fingers crossed, shake lucky rabbit foot..."....that the J41 makes its way to P3D.  Keep up the amazing work!  You guys are the best.

• Upvote 1

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

Hello and thanks for updates. Is it normal "unable to check for latest version" in OC for 600-700 expansion? Bar appears in grey instead of green and message when checking version.

Regards.

3 minutes ago, Xiropillo said:

Hello and thanks for updates. Is it normal "unable to check for latest version" in OC for 600-700 expansion? Bar appears in grey instead of green and message when checking version.

Regards.

Probably the OC or server has not been updated yet.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 hours ago, MPH568 said:

Same here !

got  the  same  issue   here  hopefully  it  gets  fixed  soon luck has it  i hadnt  deleted  the ngx   version   from my  pc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think I got lost in the shuffle.  Was the 777-300ER ever made compatible with P3D v4?

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

or  is  the hold  bug  fixed  on the  747  yet,  as  this  comes  up   every time  when a  747  update   comes up:smile:

4 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Oh yearh... 'The Hold Bug'

*SIGH*

They could make a Hollywood-blockbuster out of that one... 

Really funny arcade gamers...

James Goggi

1 minute ago, Greggy_D said:

I think I got lost in the shuffle.  Was the 777-300ER ever made compatible with P3D v4?

Yes, after LM released their HF.

There are new installers coming though so I would suggest to wait for them :)

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

15 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Yes, after LM released their HF.

There are new installers coming though so I would suggest to wait for them :)

What do you mean they are coming, They are available now.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Same here. Unable to download the 737 Basepack only!

Max

3 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

What do you mean they are coming, They are available now.

Not for the 777 unless I missed something :)

Chris Makris

19 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

The latest 300ER is available now,  Ignore the comment to wait.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 minute ago, Olympic260 said:

Not for the 777 unless I missed something :)

Please read this from RSR on page 1. I also recieved notification from the OC to update. I am getting too old for this lol

"This round of updates does a few things to all three product lines:

RAAS for P3D v4 has been added to the 777 and 747-400.  (I erroneously mentioned this being added to the NGX last week- but it is not planned to be added to the NGX, which has never had the RAAS hook-in...)

P3D Captain PFD pop-up CTD protection has been added to all three product lines.  Since we have been unsuccessful in our efforts to convince Lockheed Martin to evaluate this CTD seriously, we have locked out the ability to use the CA's PFD as a pop-up display, but we included an option in the PMDG Options menu within the FMS that allows the user to Opt-In to having this popup work.  (NOTE:  This particular CTD, for those who do not know, affects a small percentage of users who use the CA PFD as a popup, but the CTD doesn't happen until you have been flying somewhere between 3-8 hours of actual elapsed time.  This CTD began to appear in P3D v3.1 after Lockheed Martin pushed that update- and no root cause has been found after literally thousands of hours of tests internally at PMDG- so we took this step in order to minimize the number of customers affected by it without realizing the cause...)

Some other various cleanup items across all three product lines, along with some efficiencies."

To obtain these new updates, simply log into your PMDG eCommerce account, navigate to your order history and download away..