rsrandazzo

[28JUL17] Updates for 737, 747, 777 and (finally!) the PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion is available!

36 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Should I uninstall the -600 -700  .. download and reinstall the -600 -700?

Try it, yeah. Also, ensure that you're running the OC as an admin so that it can properly read the reg.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

49 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Try it, yeah. Also, ensure that you're running the OC as an admin so that it can properly read the reg.

Already set to run as Admin.

Will do Uninstall/(virus off) / download/ reinstall /reboot now. See what happens.

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Already set to run as Admin.

Will do Uninstall/(virus off) / download/ reinstall /reboot now. See what happens.

No joy here...but it did install and the updated version number is showing in the Ops Center. The only issue is that the Ops Center can't read the version number, so the bar remains grey. I assume this doesn't affect functionality.

Wow, this is great news to be waking up to - never in my wildest dreams did I expect to have my entire Boeing fleet up and running in 64 bit within two months, I'd anticipated a much slower trickle.

At last the great Windows reinstall can begin! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Same indication in the Ops Center.

Two green ok bars for P3Dv3 versions -8900 -6700.

One green bar for the -8900 one gray bar for the -6700 P3Dv4

I see the same thing in the OC for the 600/700 expansion pack.  Server isn't giving up that information I guess.  I think this is just something that needs updated in the server, I am certain that 8413 is the correct build for the NGX both base and expansion packages.

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Same indication in the Ops Center.

Two green ok bars for P3Dv3 versions -8900 -6700.

One green bar for the -8900 one gray bar for the -6700 P3Dv4

Maybe a P3D thing because I've got full Installed and Available version Info in the OC for both the 800/900 and 600/700 installed in FSX:SE. Installed and available versions shown as 1.20.8413 for both.

Ok, so what am I uninstalling and reinstalling???  I own the 744 and both NGX packages.  Thanks. Last time I did reinstall it was when the 744 and -800/900 were updated.  I'm on FSX:SE

41 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

Ok, so what am I uninstalling and reinstalling???  I own the 744 and both NGX packages.  Thanks. Last time I did reinstall it was when the 744 and -800/900 were updated.  I'm on FSX:SE

Uninstall the 747 and the 737s. Download the new installers for them, then re-install them.

• Upvote 1

I am having a problem with the RAAS in the 747.  When I turn on the master switch then click on save settings and close it will not stay on. Every time I go to open it the master on off switch is unchecked. Am I missing something??

12 minutes ago, skypig99 said:

I am having a problem with the RAAS in the 747.  When I turn on the master switch then click on save settings and close it will not stay on. Every time I go to open it the master on off switch is unchecked. Am I missing something??

It's been like that from day one for me in the Queen.  Volume is set low and will not increase.  Developer says PMDG would have to fix that part.  :mellow:

5 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

It's been like that from day one for me in the Queen.  Volume is set low and will not increase.  Developer says PMDG would have to fix that part.  :mellow:

I think I figured it out..In the FMC under aircraft equipment on pg22 Select yes where it says RASS installed.  Seems to work fine for me now.

Do we need to download RAAS separately or did it come with the aircraft?

1 minute ago, kityatyi said:

Do we need to download RAAS separately or did it come with the aircraft?

It is part of the new update  747 and 777 only

25 minutes ago, skypig99 said:

I think I figured it out..In the FMC under aircraft equipment on pg22 Select yes where it says RASS installed.  Seems to work fine for me now.

Yes that part I get, but you can't alter the volume.  It stays at about 1/4 on the RAAS slider.  Can't hear it very well at all and it won't adjust.

Awesome!  The time has now come for me to purchase P3DV4.  I patiently waited for PMDG to upgrade their product lines.  Now, that the team is now done doing so, I will make the purchase and enjoy no more OOMs.  Thank you Robert and the PMDG Teams for all of your hard work!

Chuck Rogers  

8 hours ago, Chuckers said:

Awesome!  The time has now come for me to purchase P3DV4.  I patiently waited for PMDG to upgrade their product lines.  Now, that the team is now done doing so, I will make the purchase and enjoy no more OOMs.  Thank you Robert and the PMDG Teams for all of your hard work!

Chuck Rogers  

I was waiting for the same too.

Yesterday purchased V4, clean install, everything works fine even with EZCA beta and ORBX. AS and ASCA the same. Waiting now for REX to update Texture Direct+Soft Clouds and relaxing until P3D V5... ; )

Great news, the almost throw away line about the J41 is what interests me however.

The J41 is the only product that I am actually interested in and I have been waiting patiently for this to be updated to work fully with FSX:SE and / or P3D.

Is it possible to have something more definitive about it's journey to the Prepar3D platform or its update to be functional and compliant with FSX:SE?

Safe skies

Novawing24

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Novawing24 said:

Great news, the almost throw away line about the J41 is what interests me however.

The J41 is the only product that I am actually interested in and I have been waiting patiently for this to be updated to work fully with FSX:SE and / or P3D.

Is it possible to have something more definitive about it's journey to the Prepar3D platform or its update to be functional and compliant with FSX:SE?

Safe skies

Novawing24

I imagine it would be hard for them to give you anything definitive since Robert does say that they're going to be evaluating the options - meaning they don't know for sure themselves yet. I suspect they're going to be just enjoying a relaxed weekend first after finally getting the 600/700 expansion out at last.

33 minutes ago, HanulKim said:

Someone RAAS working in 777? My RAAS is not...

FSX or P3D?

In FSX-SE I had to install manually the XML File, and it worked.

In my case:  C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\RAASPRO\Res\XML Util FSX

Best.

Miquel Egea.

16 minutes ago, miguelpp said:

FSX or P3D?

In FSX-SE I had to install manually the XML File, and it worked.

In my case:  C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\RAASPRO\Res\XML Util FSX

Best.

Miquel Egea.

P3D V4 :-)

I found solution myself. Thanks.

I am assuming that clicking on the ND is not part of the PFD crash issue? 

With regards to the updates, although it has been a pain having to reinstall everything, it has been worth it as that clickable PFD really had me paranoid everytime my mouse cursor went near it.