Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[28JUL17] Updates for 737, 747, 777 and (finally!) the PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion is available!

10 minutes ago, canders2 said:

I really hope this is the last uninstall and install! It's a pain to find all my add-on liveries and reinstall them! 

Did they not survive the reinstall?  OC seemed to pick mine up after I installed the new version and offered to repair them

I assume that's how it's supposed to work, although I'm not 100% on exactly what it preserves

Mark Fox

27 minutes ago, markdf said:

I assume that's how it's supposed to work, although I'm not 100% on exactly what it preserves

The uninstall method removes the aircraft.cfg file but not the texture folders.  When you install the new version an aircraft.cfg file is created without any references to textures.  The OC looks at the aircraft.cfg and the Texture folders and says, "Hey, you have textures but no livery entries in the aircraft.cfg file, would you like me to fix that for you?" That is normally how it works.  The OC also keeps a cache of stuff and I'm not real clear on how it works in the many different situations it encounters, but the basic livery repair is pretty straight forward.

If it is not working, even for 3rd party liveries (there shouldn't be a difference) then there is a problem worth looking into, rather than just thinking the OC is not doing it's job by design one should be looking for the reason it's not doing the job it is designed for.  There is a manual that comes with the OC that explains the key features of this applet.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah, that's pretty much been my experience - I was just saying that I wasn't 100% sure enough to say that it definitely should have saved his custom liveries (since I've only used it with OC provided liveries)

Mark Fox

I downloaded and installed latest 747, 777, and 737 into P3D v4 yesterday. Today I tried to open the sim and it CTD.  After an hour of investigation, I found that all works as before if I remove the RAASPRO folder from sim folder.  In doing that W7 was unable to move all 4 files as the dll was still running in Task Manager.  I had to reboot them move the 4th item.

Just wanted you to know that RAAS does not function and cripples the sim!!

Regards,
Sean Latimer

1 hour ago, slatimer said:

I downloaded and installed latest 747, 777, and 737 into P3D v4 yesterday. Today I tried to open the sim and it CTD.  After an hour of investigation, I found that all works as before if I remove the RAASPRO folder from sim folder.  In doing that W7 was unable to move all 4 files as the dll was still running in Task Manager.  I had to reboot them move the 4th item.

Just wanted you to know that RAAS does not function and cripples the sim!!

Regards,
Sean Latimer

It functions correctly for everyone else so something’s gone wrong on your system. 

Same issue as before with updating the 744 p3dv4 ...just says downloaded and installed but never installs, when I run OC again says the 744 update needs to be done.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Same issue as before with updating the 744 p3dv4 ...just says downloaded and installed but never installs, when I run OC again says the 744 update needs to be done.

Chris... why not a new thread reporting your problem and a full problem description?  I cannot tell if this is just a statement or a request for help.  "says downloaded and installed but never installs," how do you know it is installed?  By now I have already forgotten if this is a micro update or a full update so I guess all I'm saying is "what?"

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, Boomer said:

Are you uninstalling before reinstalling?

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Are you uninstalling before reinstalling?

Uninstalling the 744 or OC?

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Uninstalling the 744 or OC?

If you're trying to update the 744, you need to uninstall/reinstall. If you're trying to update the OC, simply allow it to update.

All the same, it sounds very likely that you're confusing which one it's offering to update. If it's telling you to update the 744, you need to download the full installer, uninstall/reinstall.

Kyle Rodgers

Seems like Boomer may also be expecting the OC to download and do the update for him instead of understanding he needs to go to his account, log in, and download.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

Didn't know if anyone else had the CTD in the 777 after the latest update, but I experienced one yesterday in P3D v3.4 about five hours into a flight when I clicked the ITSD (that little back-up PFD), MSVCR120.dll.  I do not have the Captain's PFD pop-up display enabled.

Windows 7 pro, P3D 3.4.22 

Stephen Forsgren

To clarify.  You say to uninstall which is fine.  I am just a little confused as I am not sure if you mean to uninstall the whole lot, scenery and all or just the client.

Harry Woodrow

4 minutes ago, harrry said:

To clarify.  You say to uninstall which is fine.  I am just a little confused as I am not sure if you mean to uninstall the whole lot, scenery and all or just the client.

Just the client. 

2 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Just the client. 

Thanks,

That is what I have been doing but I was begin to get a bit unsure with talks of complete uninstal..

Harry Woodrow