Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Loading a saved NGX flight (scenario) in P3d4

Loading a saved NGX flight (Scenario) in P3D4 - something that worked flawlessly in FSX just isn't doing it for me in P3D4.  Panel details load correctly but the FMC doesn't load any of the the flight details apart from a dashed blue line where the flight path goes. Is this supposed to work? if so how? 

Thanks

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Loading a saved NGX flight (Scenario) in P3D4 - something that worked flawlessly in FSX just isn't doing it for me in P3D4.  Panel details load correctly but the FMC doesn't load any of the the flight details apart from a dashed blue line where the flight path goes. Is this supposed to work? if so how? 

Thanks

Bruceb

Just to clarify Bruce, did you save the scenario within P3Dv4?

P3Dv4 is not compatible with saved situation (.fxml) files created by prior versions of Prepar3D.  You must create new ones with P3Dv4.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Right, this is a saved flight with FSUIPC autosave, on P3Dv4 that I closed last night and opened this morning to finish the flight. Its a P3Dv4 File, with P3Dv4 PMDG737 with FSUIPC v5 P3Dv4. Nothing from old versions of P3D

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Suggest you open the NGX in P3Dv4, load a flight plan, then save the situation from the P3D interface, not FSUIPC.  Close P3Dv4, and restart... then load that saved flight from within P3Dv4.

Not saying FSUIPC is the cause, just trying to determine in saving directly from P3Dv4 causes the same problem.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64